Haha, You're So PUNny! - Hand Drawn/Hand Painted, Canceled

Foxglove

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date: 19 July
Sign-up/Withdraw Date: No sign-up – you are added to the list when you ask for my address and/or tell me cards are in the mail.
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6 (if not enough people send cards, then you may get some of yours returned to you.)
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Hand drawn/hand painted

Puns…a play on words that all dads master, all kids enthusiastically repeat and that which can crack a smile on even the grumpiest face, no matter how bad the pun. What is a pun and how does it differ from other play on words? Simply put, puns are a play on words that take advantage of words that sound similar to other words (thunder, under), or words that are spelled the same but have different meanings. (Hair, hare)
This swap is devoted to the pun, both good and bad. For this swap, we will illustrate puns. You can illustrate the punchline of a punny joke (what kind of phones does a turtle use? Shell-ular phones!) or make a visual pun (a pear wearing a Hawaiian shirt…aka, aPEARal! Yuck yuck yuck!) Really, the sky is the limit on this – have fun, laugh a lot and share your puns! If you need inspiration, just do an internet search for “puns” or “visual puns” – I do ask that you don’t copy someone else’s work, though.

DOs and DON’Ts:
~DO add the punny word to the front of the card. If it’s the punchline of a joke, you’re welcome to put the joke on the front or back of the card, but at minimum please put the punny word on the front.
~DO use puns only, not other types of word play. If you’re not sure of something, please feel free to ask!
~DO have fun and let your imagination go wild and creativity fly!
~DO your best work. Send cards that were made with thought and care; something you would be thrilled to receive.

CARD GUIDELINES
~Cards must be 2.5x3.5 inches, sturdy and neatly cut. I will return cards that are misshapen, lopsided or more than 1/8th of an inch off.
~Cards must be in a thin protective plastic sleeve.
~At a minimum, please include your User Name and a title on the back of the card. You may add more info if you wish (location, date made, website, etc…)

MAILING GUIDELINES
~PM me when you are ready to send. Your name will go on the list when I know cards are mailed (or will be mailed soon.)
~Include a Forever stamp (U.S.) or a concealed U.S. dollar or U.S. Global Stamp (if you are outside the U.S).
~Include a neatly written/typed return label.
~Do not include a return envelope – I will provide those.
~Secure cards in the envelope so they don’t all bunch up in a corner. You can tape them to a sturdy paper/light cardboard the shape of the envelope or tape them together in a row.

Who would like to come play?

Hope you get inspired, New_bee.artist!

Anyone....anyone? How about I start this off with a punny joke?

Why do watermelons have big, fancy weddings?
Because they cantaloupe! BA-DUM-PISH! :huh: :D :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Crickets. Hmm. Tough crowd...how about this one?

What's a cat's favorite car?
A FURRari! :D

Wait, wait...I have one for the Star Trek geeks... What did the pear-Borg say to Captain Picard?
"Resistance is FRUITile." Eh? Eh? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

This isn't generating the interest I had hoped. Would it help if I made some cards in this theme and posted them?

I'm lurking too, just busy with the real world right now … it is a bit quiet on here lately! Try posting some cards, it might help.

I plan to make some cards this weekend to kind of jumpstart this swap. I've debated on whether I should close it for now and bring it back later, but I really LOVE puns, and I think this would be a great swap if I can get it going.

ALL - I am going to request that this thread be closed due to lack of interest. I am finding that I don't have the time to really push this thread, so I will give it some time and open it back up again at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom