BluSkyHare

creating daily soothes the soul
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: August 1, 2019
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Players: 20

Trashy Found Poetry ATCs Challenge
If you love trash challenges and found poetry this swap will have you doubling down!

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it;
create 3 cards from the trash and the book pages provided to you.

A DOUBLE CHALLENGE!

***This swap is limited to 20 players and there is NO WITHDRAWAL. If you withdraw you will receive a negative iTrader. If you do not have your cards to me by the due date you will receive a neutral iTrader.
This swap is limited to players who have a positive iTrader of 3 or more.***

This is a MIXED MEDIA ATC Swap. Please use more than one media; paint, markers, stamping, etc.

Trash will be provided by my buddy (the Queen of Trash) CastleQueen5, who will provide an astonishing array of trash, and I will provide your awesome book pages. I will try to provide a good mix of pages from several books and all pages will be "full" pages of text, and CQ will pick her trash from the top drawer of bits & pieces.

The Rules;

1) You may ONLY USE the book pages provided to create your found poetry. You do not have to use words from every page of the pages provided, but all words must come from only the pages provided. You may mix & match from the pages provided.

2) You MUST USE AT LEAST 3 of the trash items to create your atc. You may alter the items by painting, tearing, etc., or use them as tools to stamp or stencil. You may add any of your own items, but must use 3 of the items provided on each card.

3) Include your AFA name, your real name, the swap name, and the trash items used, on the back of your cards.

4) All cards must be original cards--no prints or copies, and the regular 2.5" x 3.5" size (no coins or shaped cards).

5) No withdrawing and cards must be received by the due date. Please state that you've read the rules and understand them when you sign up.

That's it! The real challenge is in the creating!

Once you sign up Personal Message me with your mailing address so that I can send you your trash and book pages as soon as possible.

I suggest that you sign up and give me your address by June 1st to make sure that you have plenty of time to create and have your cards to me by August 1st.

[B]The Mailing:[/B]

1) Mail your cards to me so that they arrive by the due date. Please PM me for my address.

2) Send you cards in individual plastic sleeves taped so avoid shifting in your envelope, or in a three pocket row.

3) US players--Include a SASE with your cards and if you can, an extra forever stamp to help cover our costs. International players--Please include a label, a US dollar bill or a US Global Forever stamp and I will provide the envelope for you.

4) You do not have to include a hostess card, but it will be cherished.

The Returns:

1) Once you receive your returns, please leave a "you rock" for player whose card you've received, and an iTrader for me.

If you have any questions, please either ask in the thread or PM me.

If you are up for the CHALLENGE, let's CREATE some TRASHY FOUND POETRY!

00.CastleQueen5-cards recvd
0. [COLOR="B2222"]BluSkyHare-cards in hand[/COLOR]
1. Mushu-mailed 5/14-envie recvd-cards recvd
2. nanvan-mailed 5/11-envie recvd-cards recvd
3. Carol-mailed 5/16-envie recvd-cards recvd
4. Karr3ll-mailed 5/14-envie recvd-cards recvd
5. huddlestonmollie-mailed 5/14-envie recvd-cards recvd
6. miss-mailed 5/14-envie recvd-cards recvd
7. cardgal-mailed 5/14-envie recvd
8. JudyLee-mailed 5/14-envie recvd-cards recvd
9. pouringdiva-mailed 5/16-envie recvd
10. ksj1717-mailed 5/14-envie recvd-cards recvd
11. katelnorth-mailed 5/11-envie recvd-cards revcd
12. anglejoy-mailed 5/16-envie recvd-cards recvd
13. dnewton972-mailed 5/16-envie recvd-cards recvd
14. dithespy-mailed 5/11-envie recvd-cards recvd
15. mrubyjean-mailed 5/16-envie recvd-cards recvd
16. NancyL-mailed 5/16-envie recvd-cards recvd
17. Vegan4animals-mailed 5/14-envie recvd-cards recvd
18. ali-mailed 5/18-cards recvd
19. Marie-mailed 5/16-envie recvd-cards recvd
20. dsign49-mailed 5/18-envie recvd-cards recvd

View attachment 206574View attachment 206575View attachment 206576View attachment 206577

Last edited:
Question for clarification - do we have to use 5 items of trash PER card? Can we use our own stuff, too?

Hi Nanvan! I've updated the required number of trash items per card to 3. And you may add any other items you wish to your cards; string, collage images, embellishments.

This is a mixed media swap.

Thanks for the clarification, BluSkyHare - please sign me up! I'll PM you and CQ5 my mailing address.

Since we are sending our cards back to you - how do we reimburse Heather for her mailing costs (for sending us trash)?

I am barely awake. About me, you really dont need to send anything to reimburse me. Just name your firstborn grandchild after me, and I am good. A basket of kittens. I would, though, really like to see photos in the thread of your work.

Thanks for the clarification, BluSkyHare - please sign me up! I'll PM you and CQ5 my mailing address.

Since we are sending our cards back to you - how do we reimburse Heather for her mailing costs (for sending us trash)?

nanvan, I've added you to the players list.
I'll be mailing both the book pages and the trash (we changed it up).
As for reimbursing CQ--she does like coffee, too! :)

Back
Top Bottom