Packing tape transfer Due date: July 12

I am relacing the fourth with this one:
2_Transfer4.jpg

I think the non pictorial one looks more like a background. I have another soaking, it is more like a texture. The technique is interesting and worth more exploration.

I sent the 4 yesterday.
I am experimenting with lifting security envelope liner. I found an interesting trick: the tape with pictures can be stored. I used the plastic side of freezer paper. It works best if you leave a flange of tape (like folding a bit of edge over). I tried a temporary mount on the paper for easier cutting...but I ended up using a craft knife to get it off...which marred the edge...luckily I had enough to trim the wonky part.

Lorna - I will tell you when they arrive. I had never thought about storing images - great tip, thanks!

REMINDER - for those who have not mailed I suggest that you have your creations in the mail by this weekend to allow for Australia Post's laxity. In the other swap that I am hosting cards are taking the full 3 weeks to reach me.

If you need my address please PM me - if you have my address make sure that it is Robina 4226.

Well, I was overly optimistic. I have to withdraw. I haven't had any time for creating lately. Sorry to miss out. I hope to see this theme again soon.

I've a question about this technique. So... you've got the image transferred to a piece of packing tape. You've removed the paper from the packing tape. Now you have a piece of packing tape that has a picture on it.

What do you do with flimsy piece of packing tape at this point?

I'm not join the swap, I'm just trying to visualize the technique. Thanks.

You then add it to a backing of some sort - this may be plain and enhance the colours of your transfer or it may have a pattern to show through your transfer. Then, depending on how your card looks at this point you may add words or an embellishment to complete your card. Have a look through the examples shown in this thread for ideas.
I hope that answers your question - if not, let's continue the conversation.

"How" do you attach the imaged-tape to the backing? I'm guessing that after soaking in water and then rubbing off the paper, all the "Sticky" is gone too.

Once all the paper is removed, the sticky remains. It will not feel sticky when wet, so let it air dry.
Be sure to have the sticky side up when drying - it will stick to whatever you have it on!
Once dry, it is very sticky again so you can apply it easily.​

Thanks for filling in for me Lorna. If it doesn't have quite enough stick left I use wet glue stick, which dries clear or washi tape on its edges.

kehlenn and suzyq​ - your gorgeous cards arrived today.

Either my computer or the site are not playing nice - I have left 2 posts about cards arriving that I can no longer find. :wacko:
Lorna - yourstunning cards arrived at the start of the month. Unfortunately Nataliee has had to withdraw due to some cat sabotage (spilled water all over the finished cards)

mcgillisj - your cards have not arrived yet but I have some leeway on when I swap so don't give up yet.

Unfortunately I can wait no longer and have swapped the cards that I have received. So sorry that yours are still on their way mcgillisj - I will tell you if they ever arrive.

Wonderful cards arrived today. Thank you so much Lorna, Leydab and EsmeraldaS for your creativity. And a huge thanks to Donnacr for hosting.

Back
Top Bottom