Packing tape transfer Due date: July 12

donnacr, prex79 says she uses those, instead of just water, to save her fingers when she is rubbing the paper off of the tape.

donna, i just re-read prex's statement about baby wipes .. she uses them on "gel" transfers, not these! i forgot that part.
i will use her tip next time on my gel transfer .. that being said, this is a fun exercise! i used really hot water, with good results .. i made the mistake of drying my tape on a paper towel, though, and the paper stuck to the tape ... dah.

mwilding - after I did the same thing with my first batch I now dry them upside down.

Essy - your gorgeous cards have arrived. I have added the bunny Host card to your envelope, if that is not the one you wanted just tell me and I will give you the fox.

The mica doesn't show up very well in the thread but I can't wait to see it in real life - bet it makes the scales look real. Clever idea!

I have 3 done and one in progress. One of the 3 done I'm not sure about, but here are two if you would sign me up please!

Attachments

• Packing Tape Transfer #1.jpg
    Packing Tape Transfer #1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Packing Tape Transfer #2.jpg
    Packing Tape Transfer #2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 17
I am lurking at this point. I tried one and it went reasonably well. I have 2 more set up and hope I learned something.
I am considering experimenting with non picture transfer...we'll see what happens there...

Ok, I worked on the one I didn't like and finished another. Ready to mail! The one with the eagle in it has a piece of a Led Zeppelin album as the background - the packing tape transfer is the zinnia flowers. The one with the lips started out as a paint smeared paper that I took colored pencils, gel pens, markers to make it a sort of landscape. I like it a lot - like almost don't want to send it. :chatterbox:

Attachments

• Packing Tape Transfer #3.jpg
    Packing Tape Transfer #3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Packing Tape Transfer #4.jpg
    Packing Tape Transfer #4.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 14
suzyq - welcome to the swap and with such beautiful cards. I have sent you my address

Lorna - you are very welcome to lurk but the mailing date for non-Australians is coming fast. You have me intrigued with your 'non-picture transfer'.

QUICK REMINDER - the mailing date for non-Australians is June 21. I recommend that you try to have your cards in the mail about then as Australia Post is highly unreliable as to delivery times and it can take up to 3 weeks for mail from the US to reach me.

Here are the what I have to date. The colors did not scan well - the bright pinks and oranges washed out.
I did the non pictorial by assembling strips then attaching the packing tape. I ended up with a strange line where the tape overlapped. I am considering adding on top of it...but I have to let the ink set for now. I also have another idea for an abstract...again letting the ink set.

1_Transfer1.jpg
1_Transfer2.jpg
1_Transfer3.jpg
1_Transfer4.jpg

I hope the first 3 are acceptable. I'll be back soon with a better fourth card.

kehlenn - thanks for telling me, I will tell you when they arrive
Lorna - your cards look interesting, I can't wait to see them in real life

mwilding​ - your gorgeous cards have arrived, love the shimmer on the fish tail.

Back
Top Bottom