TRASH TO TREASURE 12 -- due July 19, 2019

Marie, wonderful cards! I see you used the coloring page on the last one! Love them all!

Finished my last 3 cards.

1) Destiny - Trash: Super 7 lottery ticket, cat cut from greeting card and Sunmaid Raisin girl; I put a green polka dot background in the center
2) Queen B - Beach paper and Butterfly cut from butterfly origami paper, diamond from sparkly diamond paper; I added image with black and white stripes
3) F is for Fish - Beach paper (2 different ones), "f" letter; added black fish

I will mail these tomorrow.

So first, I love cat cards, but no wait there is a fun butterfly lady, Oh wait a FISH card. I love them all.

Oh my, Marie, I adore your cards - you did such an amazing job! I love them all, but think my favourite is the last one with the parrot looking at the coloring page parrot - fantastic!

Thank you everyone! There were some pretty accurate guesses, especially about postage stamps. How many noticed that I used two of them? Yep... that bird is a ‘hey Maggie’ stamp also. The post is now updated with the full trashy supply list. I’ll try to mail tomorrow. Great trash Maggie!

Haagmm, glad you got your trash! Have fun with it! I’m excited to see what you make.

I have my trash - it came a few days ago. Thought I'd mentioned it was here, but apparently not (though, sometimes, if I do it on my phone, it doesn't save properly, so perhaps it's not just me losing my mind...). Anyway, looking forward to working with the stuff!

A question for the T2T crew. I figure you’re all into collages and have a stash of papers, patterns, stamps, images, magazines, travel brochures, etc.
My questions are:
how do you store it?
Is it sorted and/or organized?
How much do you have?
When do you say enough is enough?

I’m collecting for the next t2t so I have lots of random trash that I wouldn’t normally keep. But even still, my stuff stash is getting out of hand. Any tips or advice would be fantastic!

A question for the T2T crew. I figure you’re all into collages and have a stash of papers, patterns, stamps, images, magazines, travel brochures, etc.
My questions are:
how do you store it?
Is it sorted and/or organized?
How much do you have?
When do you say enough is enough?

I’m collecting for the next t2t so I have lots of random trash that I wouldn’t normally keep. But even still, my stuff stash is getting out of hand. Any tips or advice would be fantastic!

Some people are super organized. I'm not one of those people. I have several places where I store things but little real order. I have one of those storage units on wheels with several drawers - one drawer is my washi tape, at least 2 drawers are filled with stickers, ribbon, etc., 1 drawer is full of rubber stamps and ink pads, another has various art supplies, glue sticks, pastels, etc., and at least one drawer where I keep cards to mail out my trades. I buy cards from thrift stores and use those to mail out individual trades.

But I have lots more stuff than that. I have another 4 drawer unit where I keep paper napkins, metal charms and doo-dads, clear stamps, and lots of other miscellaneous items.

Then I have several clear cases filled with decorative paper, card stock, larger photos (that I may one day reduce to an ATC size for cards, or I may never get it done - LOL!), and in some of those cases I have grouped paper bits by colour (pinks and reds, neutrals, blacks and browns, blues, yellows, purples, etc.). And then I have a big cardboard boxes filled with plastic sleeves full of cut out images, sort of grouped by category, although my filing system is really quite out of hand. I have images grouped by dogs, cats, children, angels, bugs, butterflies, flowers, images from paintings (I call them painted ladies and painted men), vintage (and whimsical vintage stored separately), owls, birds and sleeves with words, text (foreign and English). And a big bag of postage stamps.

I have a box with cut out backgrounds - made from various card stock, old greeting cards, decorative papers and just interesting pictures from magazines that I thought might make a good background someday. And another container of circles cut for making ATCoins. I am always adding to these.

I also have large shopping bags filled with sleeves of cut out images, not necessarily stored in any order at all - just put into sleeves so they don't get wrinkled or lost.

Whenever I make cards, I try to remember where I last saw certain images and go hunting for them. Sometimes I just pick up a bag and start looking at the images in order to get ideas for what I might do. So sometimes, I have something in mind, but often I don't know what I'm going to do and go looking for inspiration. When I do have a particular image in mind, I can spend hours looking for it - I usually do find it though.

So, when does one have enough? In my case, never. I browse thrift stores regularly and buy inexpensive books and magazines that have images with potential for cards. And I keep buying postage stamps; I'm addicted to the little pieces of art.

I do tend to be pretty organised with my stuff. This is partly because I am by nature an organised person, but also because I live in London (land of small houses) and just don't have that much storage space. If it's not organised, I can't keep it. Stuff like washi tape I have in plastic boxes; things like stickers or stamps I have in some of those wooden drawer units. I have storage boxes for things like ribbon, paper, yarn, etc. For images, I have a box full of plastic sleeves, which are loosely organised by theme. They used to just be loose in the box, but I could never find anything, so I organised it a while back. It's a bit of a pain when I get new stuff, but in the long run, I think it's better.

My stuff starts out organized, but there's no work area in the same room so it all gets drug out to the kitchen table and then stacked around in the floor when I try to clean it off to eat (or we just eat in the living room). I go through phases where I do a lot of crafting, and then I don't. I'm thinking about getting the stuff re-organized so I can start all over since tomorrow is an extra day off for Memorial Day.

No mail came yesterday. None will come until Tuesday. That’s the day I have my right eye done so it will be late in the day, probably before I post. I can’t wait to get all that done and have good vision again.

I believe I’ve heard from everyone that they’ve received their trash. I’ve started mine but I’m not to a point where I can post them yet.

Hey, now I don’t want to get anybody in trouble here! Lol!! What’s said in an afa thread stays on the afa thread. Right?

I’m just needing some help from my fellow paper hoarders. I feel ok about my general paper organization but I’ve got stacks of collage images and don’t know how to sort them. Maybe by color? By size? By subject? It’s becoming unwieldy to the point that I don’t really look through it anymore. :skeptical:

CastleQueen5, did you notice how I ignored the fact that she even asked those questions!?

Back
Top Bottom