TRASH TO TREASURE 12 -- due July 19, 2019

I was in a group years ago that was a "work" swap. You could only use items found at work. One card I received had a little man made out of paper clips because the person worked in an office, the person who worked in Men's suits sent in a card with a lot of label items, and the card made out of computer circuit boards was AH-MAZING! It might be something we should do here! :)

KSJ- I would definitely play!! Although being in a medical office I'd have to be careful right!!

I’m retired, but I might be able to find some junk from the phone company. To be honest, I bought all my own office supplies after Southwestern Bell became AT&T, so I pretty much cleared my area out the day I left. That stuff is around here somewhere.

I haven’t volunteered anywhere but if I did I would love to be a baby rocker at the hospital. I could do that all day long.

Treasure in today’s mail from Ali! Wonderful cards, Ali! And your postage does smell like summer. Woo hoo!

My cards:

HE Wasn't Ordinary.
View attachment 208330
Items used: Dogs from lottery ticket, paper clip, primary tablet page, stenciling through the die cut brick wall, black& brown patterned paper from the backing of the small loteria cards.

Man's Best Friend
View attachment 208331
Items used: Pharmacy bag scrap, steampunk playing card, same black & brown patterned paper as above, stenciling through the die cut brick wall, shiny gold gear.

& (And...)
View attachment 208333
Items used: Scrapbook papers, backing of loteria cards, recipe card, crocheted lace.

Life is an Adventure
View attachment 208334
Items used: Scrabble calendar page, small loteria card, green from the flamingo, butterfly card.

The Good Life
View attachment 208335
Items used: Scrapbook paper, flamingo, hat from the Dr. Pepper logo, pink gemstones.

At the Beach
View attachment 208336
Items used: Memo pad sheet (background & sunglasses), heymaggie stamp, flamingo, pink gemstone, umbrella from beach check.

HeyMaggie, you got anything from Southwestern Bell? That would be a blast from the past.

Prex, great use of the dog's head from the lottery card.

Hey, how did you get 2 flamingos, PREX? Great Good life flamingo card.

Your cards are always superb!

Thank you! I guess I lucked out with the flamingo. I didn't realize I received an extra. I guess Maggie just likes me best ;)

I happened to already have the Tim Holtz paper doll body, headless, on my work space. That was just kismet :) I have zero recollection where the doll's head went...

Great cards, Jen! Those flamingos are from a party banner that I cut up. They tend to stick together. I’m surprised more of you didn’t get two or three of them.

As for Southwestern Bell stuff, CQ5, I have some things, if I can locate them.

The last two sets are on their way. Can’t wait to see them!

Prex79, your lovely treasures came today! So excited! Thank you for the extras!

Here are my cards for the swap.

View attachment 208416 HAPPY: die cut brick wall, grapevine tissue paper, dog from memo pad sheet

View attachment 208412 EL PESCADO: red fish and words from loteria playing card, F from bag o bits, blue bling from bag o bits, puzzle piece from bag o bits

View attachment 208415 ADVENTURE: flamingo, adventure ribbon from bag o bits, die cut cogs from bag o bits

View attachment 208414 GIRLY: scrabble calendar page, Betty Boop, lace ribbon from bag o bits, pink bling from bag o bits

View attachment 208413 SPECIALTY WORK: butterfly card, pink bling from bag o bits, butterfly origami paper

Micaela, your amazing cards are here! Thanks for the extras!

I will be trading out the cards this weekend and get them mailed out Monday or Tuesday.

Thank you all for doing your best work.

Hey Maggie, I find that fish card intriguing. Lots of fish.

Creative way to make that flamingo all steam punk like. I wish I had thought of that.

And I could just see that Butterfly card going to TAD,if she is even in this swap. She really like butterflies and esp Purple, But Hey I like butterflies too.

You got lucky? or did you? with the GIRLY word for Betty Book? I am not into her too much. But have 2 friends that really are into her. Guess what one of the friends is named?. Betty, of Course.

Back
Top Bottom