TRASH TO TREASURE 12 -- due July 19, 2019

Thanks, nanvan. I was very apprehensive about it but it was super fast and I can see better already out of that eye. I do the right eye on the day after Labor Day. I think thats the 28th of May. The best thing about this surgery is that it’s painless. I was awake the whole time and it took about 15 minutes. I had about a million eye drops some of which prevented any pain. I’m very glad I had it done. The difference is amazing!

I have to put drops in my eye now. I’ll get the final envelopes mailed out today and I’ll be back on the thread later today.

heymaggie, my mother had cataract surgery and many friends have had it (or need to have it) and everyone is so happy afterwards because they can see clearly again. I need to have my eyes examined - way overdue - and I've noticed my sight isn't as good as it used to be (I've worn glasses since I was a teenager), anyway, I suspect I may need the same surgery one day. Good to hear they make it painless! Sending healing hugs your way. See you on the thread later!

Hey Maggie, hope your eye continues to improve :)

I got my trash today, you really loaded that envelope!
Did you use 12x12 cardstock for the envie? Pretty paper!
So many neat things in there! I really like the metallic gears!

Here’s two pics so the ones that don’t live just about 21 miles
away can get a sneak peek...

40DF0B5F-5C30-468B-9D1F-E9B5EE69ACD3.jpg
0853E05E-BB24-4487-A97C-A424F3503DC0.jpg

Attachments

• 35637805-E9CA-4D1B-A5A7-8C037BC5A9D5.jpg
    35637805-E9CA-4D1B-A5A7-8C037BC5A9D5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Nanvan, my ophthalmologist said cataract surgery is done more than any other surgery. Almost all old people get cataracts.

Amychelle, I’m surprised and pleased that you got yours so quickly. Sometimes mail to and from other states gets delivered faster. Thanks for letting me know and for posting pics!

ksj1717, I get my stamps thru Stamps.com. I love making artistamps that are real US postage!

Thanks for the pics, Amychelle! Looks like a lot of great trash, heymaggie! Can't wait to get my envelope. Love the idea of making one's own postage, but I don't think they would let us do that in Canada ... maybe I should check it out.

Amychelle, it looks like the post office didn’t cancel the stamps. That’s nice.

Thanks for the pics, Amychelle! Looks like a lot of great trash, heymaggie! Can't wait to get my envelope. Love the idea of making one's own postage, but I don't think they would let us do that in Canada ... maybe I should check it out.

There could be a Canadian version of stamps.com, I don’t know. It’s a great program. They sent me a postage scale, and the program. It’s easy to use and you print the postage you need. They have a variety of stamps plus the ability to design your own. Also there are some discounts and freebies. But there is also a monthly fee on top of the cost of stamps and postage as well as your printer ink. It can be expensive, but mailart is an expensive hobby. Of course, it helps to have trash handy to make your art from.

All the envelopes have gone out except ali’s...she wanted hers mailed out next week to her new address. So please post when you receive yours and pics are always an extra bonus. I can’t wait to see what everyone does with the trash!!!

I received mine today! WOW! What a great selection of trash -- enough to make 100 cards! I will have to get my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with. So much fun!!! :jiggy:

Received mine today as well. Haven't gone through it properly yet, but the quick peek I got looks very inspiring :)

Back
Top Bottom