Through Dangers Untold–Labyrinth Movie~Hand Drawn/Painted,Collage/Mix ~ Due July 26

Awesome! I have replied to your PM - I can't wait to see them!

Anyone else plan on joining? You know you a little magic in the mail! ;)

Trivia time! What does "Magic Dance" and the classic Cary Grant movie "The Bachelor and the Bobby-soxer" have in common?

It's the "Remind me of the Babe" line. In the Bobby-soxer movie, Cary Grant tells Shirley Temple:
Grant: You remind me of a man.
Temple: What man?
Grant: The man with the power.
Temple: What power?
Grant: The power of hoodoo.
Temple: Hoodoo?
Grant: You do.
Temple: Do what?
Grant: Remind me of a man.

Bowie changed "man" to "babe", and "hoodoo" to "voodoo". Imagine my shock when I watched Bobby-soxer the for the first time! They got the words all wrong! :twitcy:

Yes! YEEESSSSS! Put me down for HD/HP! A way to make up for missing the date on the DEF swap.

My favorite weird Labyrynth trivia is about Hoggle's weird little noises... the actress inside that suit originally had only a small tv monitor to see with and it was making her incredibly nauseous. They decided to add lots of extra nonspecific vocalizations (all his little grunts and sighs) to allow her to see out of his mouth and combat the dizziness.

I got to see Brian Henson in conversation with Neil Patrick Harris in San Francisco about 10 years ago, I was holding back the tears the whole time!

Wow, I never knew that about Hoggle. That's some cool trivia! I never got to see the Hensons, but I did get to see Brian Froud, the creative designer, at a ComicCon once. I bought one of his signed books of goblin illustrations. I was a lot more emotion about than I expected to be! It was like a part of my childhood sense of wonder came alive again. Crazy how somethings so simple can be so impactful.

Bumping up! I have TONS of room for all yoy lurking goblins, fieries, Ludos and valiant fox-knights! The swap is open to HD/HP, collaged and mixed media, so take a breath, take a step and join the party at the center of the Labyrinth! (Or the Bog of you prefer. Or in the Obliette. Whatever you choose.)

More trivia - did you know that every year, there is a Labyrinth Masquerade Ball held in Los Angeles, California? This year its in August, and the attendee dress up like the actors in the ball scene from the movie.

I loved the ball scene...I loved all the masks and costumes - my favorite goblins was the one with the unicorn-goblin mask and the woman in the pirate hat who blows a kiss at Jareth. What was your favorite dancer?

Back
Top Bottom