Through Dangers Untold–Labyrinth Movie~Hand Drawn/Painted,Collage/Mix ~ Due July 26

Foxglove

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date: 26 July
Sign-up/Withdraw Date: Just communicate if you need to withdraw
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6 (if not enough people send cards, then you may get some of yours returned to you.)
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: HD/HP and Collage/Mixed Media (I am working on having the title changed to included MM/collage; I will trade medium for medium)

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered… This is all about the movie Labyrinth! I was so obsessed with this movie when I was a little girl, that I recorded the movie onto my cassette tape and would listen to it at night when I went to bed. I still know the movie by heart!

There are no rules, other than do your best work! You can draw directly from the movie or you can put those characters into a new situation – am I the only one imagined the Goblin King taking tea with Willum the Worm? Or Ludo accidentally knocking down the end display in a grocery store? Let your imagination go wild and have fun!

DOs and DON’Ts:
~DO have fun and let your imagination go wild and creativity fly!
~DO your best work. Send cards that were made with thought and care; something you would be thrilled to receive.
~DON'T use stickers, except as a minor accent (definitely not as a main focus), and DON'T use loose glitter.
~DON'T slap elements together, please (for the collagers and mixed media-ers.) Make sure elements compliment the card.

CARD GUIDELINES
~Cards must be 2.5x3.5 inches, sturdy and neatly cut. I will return cards that are misshapen, lopsided or more than 1/4th of an inch off.
~Embellishments must be non-bulky, secured firmly and must compliment the card. No slapping random things together.
~Cards must be in a thin protective plastic sleeve.
~At a minimum, please include your User Name and a title on the back of the card. You may add more info if you wish (location, date made, website, etc…)

MAILING GUIDELINES
~PM me when you are ready to send. Your name will go on the list when I know cards are mailed (or will be mailed soon.)
~Include a Forever stamp (U.S.) or a concealed U.S. dollar or U.S. Global Stamp (if you are outside the U.S).
~Include a neatly written/typed return label.
~Do not include a return envelope – I will provide those.
~Secure cards in the envelope so they don’t all bunch up in a corner. You can tape them to a sturdy paper/light cardboard the shape of the envelope or tape them together in a row.

Who would like to come play?

HD/HP
1. Kae.Ryan
2. Jo.on.the.go
3. Imbrium
4. Synjin
5. IstinKray IlverSay

Collaged/Mixed Media
1. TSMarie
2. Curtainsforyou

Last edited:
Well...tell you what. I wanted to try to have one HD/HP and one open to everything swap running at the same time, HOWEVER, I still have a huge love of this movie and would be such a pity to exclude anyone of their Labyrinth love, so....I will open it up to collage/mixed media too, with a media-for-media exchange. I'll work on updating the front post and title. WELCOME, TSMarie!

Labyrinth trivia time! Did you know that Michael Jackson was briefly considered to play the role of Jareth the Goblin King? I'm glad they went with David Bowie - he was perfect for the role, and my very first crush when I was a kid! :wub:

Bumping up with trivia!
The character of Sarah's baby half brother was played by Toby Froud, son of Brian Froud (the conceptual designer) amd Wendy Froud (puppet builder). The baby character originally had a different name, but they changed it to "Toby", as the baby wouldn't respond to anything but his own name.
Nowadays, Toby is a puppeteer in his own right!

originally had a different name than Toby. The baby

The Babe!! Love it! Awesome trivia.. random fun fact to add, not really a fact... but I once found a Labyrinth t-shirt at savers when searching through the mens t-shirts cause i had a weird feeling that told me I needed to! I never ignore that feeling, turns out it was 200% right! Best $5 ever spent :)

Oh wow, I would LOVE to have a Labyrinth shirt...I'd really love to have one with the owl and logo. I found a Jareth shirt at Hot Topic once, but they were designed to be the body-hugging style, and I am not fond of that style....so no Labyrinth shirts yet!

I never saw the movie - so I checked it out from the library. After watching it, I’ll decide whether I should jump off the lurkers’ couch.

Whoo-hoo! I hope you enjoy the movie and decide to join in!

Welcome Imbrium! That's a true fan right there! :D. Which section should I place you in - the HD/HP or Collage/Moxed Media?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom