Put it in your Pocket Swap-July 9

kentuckydakota

ATC Superhero
Media
Swap Due Date: July 9
Signup/Withdraw date: Anytime, but communicate.
Number of Cards: 3:3
Number of participants:30
Media: HD/HP, mixed media, collage

Put it in your pocket

It's been awhile since I hosted a swap, so I decided to revisit an old friend- The pocket swap. It's one of my favorites. I hope it's one of yours too.

So this is the card with a pocket swap. We are loosely defining "pocket" as a place to put something into.

Early in my ATC experience, I joined a swap where each person created a pocket on their card- a place to put something into. One person painted a mail box with a slit where a tiny letter could be inserted, another person made their card extra long and folded up the bottom to create a pouch to slip a sticker into. Used stamps could be used for pockets when glued on three sides.

This swap lends itself easily to collage and mixed media but don't shy away if you're a HD/HP artist. Embrace the challenge! You'll be amazed at the result! As usual I will try and stick media with like media when I can.

There are many wonderful ways to incorporate a pocket into art and it is so fun to see what each artist finds to put in their pocket.

So for a fun challenge, let's make some art with pockets and put a little something in them. (Try to stick with flatish items- a sticker, dime, stamped image, tiny haiku, Fortune cookie fortune, etc.)

Rules and such:
• All cards should be standard atc size: 2.5” x 3.5” and sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy paper)
• All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
• All cards must be original, and each card should be different. Please do your best work and send cards you would love to receive.
• Make sure the swap name, your real name, and your site name appear on the backs of all ATCs.
• Do try and comment in the thread now and then so I don’t have to go in search of you as the swap nears its end.
• If you need to leave the swap, let me know. No one wants to give a neutral itrader (by no one I mean ME) A quick pm or post in the thread is all it takes.

Mailing & Postage:
-When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address if you don’t already have it.
-Please put your site name and the swap name on the outside of all envelopes.

US participants: Please include a SASE with enough postage to cover your returns. At least as much as it cost to mail your cards to me.

International participants: Please include a large address label or slip of paper with your address clearly written on it. If you have a dollar or US postage to cover your returns I'd greatly appreciate it. I also take paypal. If you can’t swing it, I'll cover your postage- just let me know.

Thank You's:
After receiving your returns, please thank the artists who created your cards by hitting the "You Rock" button which can be found on any post. We all love a little appreciation!
You can thank your host by leaving an itrader.

Pocket makers:
2. pouringdiva
3. Karr311
4. cardgal
5. plumhill2001
6. ThouArtDelyrias
7. Vegan4animals
8. Fierce Armadillo
9. Carol
10.Leydab
11.Curtainsforyou
12.Untitled (2019)
13.WampumWashi
14.Kae.Ryan
15.Blonda
16.dsign49
17.Gemininorn
18.RabbitMar
19.Laffqueen
20.Meraki
21.Beverley
22.Shelly Jo
23.JenUrebel
24.Catladybj

Attachments

• pocketmail.jpg
    pocketmail.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 93
  • pockets2.jpg
    pockets2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Welcome TAD. Glad to have you join in the fun.

Thank you Foxglove. They are really fun to make and always turn out really cool. Nice to have you lurkin'

Karr311, you are super quick! Would you like to post any eye candy up there? It's always fun to see! :)

Back
Top Bottom