Swap Due Date – Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Withdraw by date – none/please keep in touch
Number of Items - 3 for 3
Number of participants – 20
SWAP- hand draw or hand painted only

Whimsical Wonderland
Yes! Whimsical Alice and Wonderland
This is swap is only HD/HP -sprays ok​

Whimsical art is a vibrant and playful style of art that is childlike and carefree. Commonly associated with children's book illustrations and fairy tale art, this artwork lifts the spirit and makes you happy. Whimsical art is characteristically (but not necessarily) bright, colorful, and fun.

Here are some samples from my Pintrest Page
https://www.pinterest.com/candyscorner28/alice-in-wonderland-art/

Back of card ~
Include swap name, username, real name, date, your state/country, on the back of all cards (email optional)

* US Participants – Please include a label with your address (I will provide the envelope).
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO ADD A FOREVER STAMP
on the back of your envelope please put your user name and the name of this swap.

* International Participants - Please send a mailing label and include a well-hidden dollar or Euro.
If you are having problems with postage please message me. I rather you play and have fun.
on the back of your envelope please put you user name and the name of this swap.

I am in the United States (Texas) for this project and all international are welcome.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Please post in this thread when you are ready to send, this way I can keep track of all cards. Any late cards will be returned. I am your hostess and here to help. No question is too silly. I am here to help you be successful. If you need anything just holler

When you receive your returns, please leave a "you rock" points for your fellow artist and a I-Trader for your s hostess

RED has arrived
Participants:
Monroy28
Miss
Kentuckydakota
IstinKray IlverSay
Snowflakeofjustice
Plumbhill2001
Mcgillisj
schonakessler-withdrawn
Karr311
Amandawas

Last edited:
KSJ1717- Skills are good but this is for all levels of artistry. Otherwise we would be on the other site... NO matter your skill level...all are welcome to participate....you can not increase your skills with out practice and this is a great place to do it.

Love the theme, just not sure my skills are up to the task of drawing it. Let me give it a go and I'll come back.

Lurking... is "whimsical" just the dictionary definition? Or is it a specific-looking art style? With the big eyes and stuff?

(I havent quite figured out what AFAers mean when they say Whimsical, & I've been here like 10 years!)

Whimsical art is a vibrant and playful style of art that is childlike and carefree. ... Whimsical art is characteristically (but not necessarily) bright, colorful, and fun.

it can be big eyes but in the end it is your spin on the definition above

Lurking... is "whimsical" just the dictionary definition? Or is it a specific-looking art style? With the big eyes and stuff?

(I havent quite figured out what AFAers mean when they say Whimsical, & I've been here like 10 years!)

I think what I'm hearing you say and after looking at the examples is no realism, no Disney, nothing with a dark turn, no black and white sketches like Gorey or Tim Burton.

And I made WAY too many cards for this swap. I had my arm in a sling for 3 months so I need the practice desperately. Are any of these something you would NOT consider whimsical. (I'm attempting to narrow down, so if any stand out as not fitting, let me know.) :)

Attachments

• Alice whimsy.jpg
    Alice whimsy.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Alice whimsy 2.jpg
    Alice whimsy 2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 39
The White Rabbit in the T-shirt is totally adorable!

(And they all look pretty whimsical to me :))

these are wonderful. you are talented

I think what I'm hearing you say and after looking at the examples is no realism, no Disney, nothing with a dark turn, no black and white sketches like Gorey or Tim Burton.

And I made WAY too many cards for this swap. I had my arm in a sling for 3 months so I need the practice desperately. Are any of these something you would NOT consider whimsical. (I'm attempting to narrow down, so if any stand out as not fitting, let me know.) :)

Back
Top Bottom