Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Fish Swap, collage/mixed-media, due July 20, 2019

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many many blessings to you for adopting a shelter dog! It doesn't get much better than that in my opinion.
    Map It On A Coin!!! Due August 1, 2019

NEW!! Foreign Language Collage Cards! Due September 15, 2019

2. Likes Evalila liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your Linda is a sweetheart, Evalila! Without still her thunder, I want to celebrate my pound puppy, too! Her name is Bobbie Sue and we got her at two months old. She is now almost two years and she is so gentle and smart! So very smart! We had her DNA done because everyone wanted to guess; she is mostly American Staffordshire Terrier with Boxer and Beagle traces.

Bobbie Sue.jpg

Any other pound puppies?

4. Likes Evalila, CastleQueen5, Vegan4animals liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of our dogs have been adopted from shelters, and it always amazes me how resilient they can be in loving their new forever homes. We have three dogs now, and one was a breeding dog at a puppy mill in Amish Country. They are notoriously cruel to animals, and this one dog we have is the most traumatized dog I have ever seen. He is so quiet and sad. We've had him for four years and figure that he must be about ten years old. They were going to put him down at the puppy mill because they didn't want to take care of him. He was so badly matted that the rescue organization didn't know what breed he was. Without getting any more depressing, I can say that now he is a true mommy's boy and he has found one thing that makes him happy: me! He comes alive when he sees me and goes into fits of happiness, squeaking and shaking. It's so adorable. I just wish he would be like that with other people, but at least we could give him some comfort. It's just very sad to think how bad his life must have been that he will just never get over it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aw, Vegan4animals...that is a sad story with a happy ending. Even if just one person loves you completely, it's enough!

7. Likes Vegan4animals, Lalka, Evalila liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that my cards got there! Just realized I forgot to pay the postage via PayPal. Sorry, Evalila! I will try to remember tomorrow.
    Welcome to take a look at my blog, Instagram account and APC wishlist!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 dogs and 3 cats.

The latest cat to show up at my house and adopt me, is so sweet. When I pet, him, I wonder who is missing him. He is so sweet, and loving. He also has a clipped ear, indicating was deemed feral and fixed.

But yes, even with my dogs, I wonder what happened to them before I adopted them. I got one dog from a no kill that got it from the Human Society out of Yuma. I know she was a tough sell and lingered in the foster homes for about a year. She is doing well at my house, but still very timid. ShyAnne, like Cheyenne, is her name.

Tess, has been here over 2 years, huge separation anxiety that included soiling and damage to property. She is doing awesome with us. Shyanne and Tess are buddies, and that is so awesome to see them enjoying each other.

But both dogs took some time to adjust and some work on our part to make them feel safe. I think my husband wanted to give up on both of them at one time along the way. We just kept researching and trying new things to help them.

10. Likes Evalila, Vegan4animals, Lalka, ksj1717 liked this post
    Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sooooooo - all cards have been swapped and returns have been mailed this morning!!!

Please remember to leave RepPoints those whose cards you received and an iTrader for me if you think I did a good job on hosting

I think I have left iTraders for all players, please shoot me a message if I missed you!
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet story CQ5. Many blessings to you and your husband!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super fishy cards arrived today. Thank you Leydab, m.wilding and plumhill2001 for your fabulous creativity. And thank you Evalila for hosting another great swap.

14. Likes plumhill2001 liked this post