Ancient Mesopotamia, July 15th

Dead gods and heroes are a part of the Mesopotamian mythology. Part of the origin of the universe involves slain gods. The epic of creation has Apsu creating deities in a union with Tiamat. But then he finds them a nuisance and decides to kill them. But, hold up! They don't like that idea and Enki kills Apsu instead. Tiamat is also killed. Later, the 11 monstrous creations of Tiamat are killed by Marduk in a great battle.

Marduk is the patron god of the city of Babylon. Interestingly, he becomes king of all the gods - but eventually many of the gods become aspects of his persona. (the 50 names of Marduk in the Epic of Creation).

Betsy - your great cards have arrived! Thank you for the extra!

Dsign49 - looking good and thanks for the extra! I like the use of the seals. I'll keep Neptune for myself, since he is Roman.

Here are my cards

1_ancient_mesopotamia.jpg

CQ5, your cards have arrived! Thanks so much for the extra, they look Great!

All players are in early, which means I can swap out early. Probably this weekend

Well - someone got excited and the cards are going out today.

Reminder - When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. Also, in your rep points, naming which card you received is nice, since people like to know where their artworks end up.

In the list of players, I've linked to a post for anyone that doesn't show up on the first page to make it easier for you to find a post to add a "You Rock"/rep point.

I received my cards the other day. Thanks for hosting pancake machine. This was a good swap, especially because it was a theme different from the usual. But you made it especially good by including all of the extra information about Mesopotamia.
Also thanks go to these artists whose cards I received:
CastleQueen5 - Secrets
laydab - Assyrian
asharnanae - Enkidu

In one of your earlier posts, you mentioned Wrath of Erra. I tried to find a copy of this on Amazon, but without luck. Have you seen it anywhere? Gilgamesh is next up on my reading list.

My cards arrived yesterday :) Yay! :D Thanks for a cool subject and a great swap PancakeMachine. and thank you also to: Betsyg, Leydab and Pancake machine for the lovely arts :)

Yes - I had thought that looked interesting too. The book had translated it as Wrath of Erra, but it was published as: The poem of Erra / [translated from the Akkadian] by Luigi Cagni. Didn't see it on Amazon, but there were about 4 copies in Ohio academic libraries, so you may need to check it out from a library in PA. I bet they could interlibrary loan it for you.

In one of your earlier posts, you mentioned Wrath of Erra. I tried to find a copy of this on Amazon, but without luck. Have you seen it anywhere? Gilgamesh is next up on my reading list.

Back
Top Bottom