Distress Oxide Swap~Due July 10

thank you so much for this swap TAD - I have had so much fun researching and experimenting. I tried to use a different technique on each of my cards.
The first is a stamped, embossed resist with blended inks over the top, for the second I smooshed my inks on my craft mat then pulled my card through them (and finished with dragons stamped using Oxides). For my third I tried a technique shown by Jennifer McGuire on 'Distress Oxide inks and water stamping' - she calls it 'Rainbow stamping on kraft cardstock' and it starts about 16 mins into the video. For my final card I made a simple blended background, dried it then added the diamonds through a stencil.
These are all on their way to you now.

It looks like you may have mastered Distress Oxides, Donnacr. I love the underwater adventure and the dragons look like they're flying around a volcano! So cool!

If these will work I’d like to join and can mail out tomorrow.
I used distress oxides but on glossy paper then used micro
glaze to show the layer of inks. Then stamp/embossed them
to keep the background showing rather than cover it so much
with layers of papers.

5AB52C45-2766-4E6E-BE4F-62894D995D56.jpgBFAF7D19-578C-4FA1-80AD-19DB9B1F5F89.jpg
03CB06CE-CAB3-479B-A066-DD5BAB41FCE7.jpg
19BC5DD7-A807-40B0-9604-0F9E20DACD46.jpg

I tried 2 more techniques but am unsure what to do with them now
The first uses a blended background on which you place a misted stencil, leave for a couple of minutes then remove the stencil and dry. The second has a direct-to-paper background of 'Black soot'. Using a stamp platform, mist a clean stamp and stamp on the background, dry the stamp and apply your chosen colour, mist and stamp. Leave in contact for a couple of minutes then dry.

Last edited:
Wow! You go Donnacr!!! Way to play! Thank you so much for sharing all of the techniques and hope that others will try. I know I will!

Amychelle, those are fabulous! I will sign you up and pm an address!

Foxglove, your beauties arrived today! LOVE them all!!

LOL! Yikes, 2 from the IRS would not be fun at all!

Got Carols cards today!! Just beautiful! They are similar to what I have been doing as well!

Made 4 cards for another swap today...Just can't stop with the DO!! Creating new and pretty color combos is so much fun! Here they are....
View attachment 207629

LOL! Yikes, 2 from the IRS would not be fun at all!

Got Carols cards today!! Just beautiful! They are similar to what I have been doing as well!

Made 4 cards for another swap today...Just can't stop with the DO!! Creating new and pretty color combos is so much fun! Here they are....
View attachment 207629

Can you tell us how you did the butterflies and the flowers?

The butterfly card- I used the DO's on the background and stamped and embossed the top. Then I punched the butterflies from another DO background after stamping and embossing them.
The Flower card- same concept except I die cut the flowers then edged them with DO inks and clear embossed them several time to create the shiny effect.

Only 2 and 1/2 Weeks left! There is still plenty of time to play and get them in the mail and to me in time! (unless you are overseas...you might be pushing it) :D

Back
Top Bottom