ThouArtDelyrias

Thou Art Delyrias
Media
Swap Due Date – July 10, 2019
Number of Atc’s – 3:3
Number of participants: Unlimited
Distress Oxide Swap
Media: Distress Oxide and any mixed media on top or under
Ever since January, I have been playing with Distress Oxide inks and have absolutely fallen in LOVE with them! So many color combinations are possible. The colors are so vibrant and when spritzed with water, they change into something magical!!! For this swap, there must be some Distress Oxide Ink visible in some way. You can use them for the background, make cut outs with them, stencil with them, stamp and create in whichever way you choose. If you don’t own any and want to purchase, I suggest you start with 3 of your favorite color combos. I usually use Bristol paper but any smooth cardstock can work. Just warning you…It becomes very addictive! As you begin to play with this wonderful media, please share on the thread so we can all learn and create as well! Add layers and depth to your cards and produce something that you would have a hard time parting with. Before you get started, please read all of the boring details as well. Let’s get started!
Important details
-All atc’s should be 2 ½ x 3 ½, in individual plastic sleeves, and sturdy! If it flaps in the wind, it is too thin. Please trim your cards so they are neat and tidy! Messy work implies to most that you don’t care.
-if you have thicker embellishments, please include an additional .22 stamp to cover the postage to mail it on (for each thick card)
- Each card should be different.
-Please be sure to put your username (so we can give credit where credit is due), and location (because we all like to see where our cards came from) and swap name- minimal, on the back of each atc!!
- PLEASE put your user name and the swap name on the back of the envelope – preferably the flap!
- No communication, no cards will result in a neutral ITrader.
Postage Requirements;
USA – Please send a Business size SASE – ONLY Peel-n-Stick kind!!! If I have to lick it, send me a label!!! If you can’t mail a self-sealing envelope, send me a label large enough for me to read without magnifiers on and enough postage to mail your cards back to you, and additional postage for bulky mail to move forward! Please PM me for address when you are ready to mail.
International – a SASE- ONLY Peel-n-Stick kind!!! or label with a US Global stamp or 1-2$ included is great! If this is an issue, please PM me and we can work it out! Don’t let it inhibit you from participating! Please PM me for address when you are ready to mail.
Other Details:
When you receive your returns, please don’t forget to leave YouRock comments for those who created your cards for your collection!! I have made this easy by providing a link on the initial thread. Just click on the persons’ card you receive and then the YouRock button! Also, if you could, please leave ITrader for me so that I know that you enjoyed participating and that you received your returns!! Also, a host card is not required but it would be cherished, but definitely not required to play!  When your returns are in my hands, your name will change colors!
Most important Note; HAVE FUN with this! The possibilities are endless!

Players

ThouArtDelyrias
AnitaMac
Donnacr
CastleQueen5
Dithespy
hedgewitch
Aginghippychic
Carol
Suzi
ksj1717
Foxglove
AmyW
Amychelle
Seascape131
JenUrebel

Last edited:
I will have to lurk.... I don’t think that I have any distress oxides.... have to go shopping ;)

I love my Distress Oxides and you can never learn enough new ways to use them - looking to learn from all of you.

ThouArtDelyrias - did you make your samples in post #2 by colouring the background and then using bleach or baby wipes through your stencil or did you just colour through your stencil?

Guess I better sign up if I am going to stay inspired :)

Welcome Donnacr and CQ!

The backgrounds were by coloring with three colors and spritzing with water, then colored with the round tool (?) through a stencil on top with another color. Simple and soooo pretty!
I am trying to attach the rest of my scans, but for some reason, I am not able to!:unsure:

Last edited:
Welcome! Glad to have you all!
Welcome to AFA4All hedgewitch! If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!
Aginghippychic, beware, they are soooo cool!

I continue to try and upload the rest of my DO backgrounds I made and for some reason, I am not able to! :unsure:They are the correct dpi and I don't have too many attachements....I really wanted to share them and I am not able to.

Lurking...I don’t own distress oxide inks yet, but I’m trying to learn new things.

Edited followup: I purchased three ink pads today...hoping to learn this and make some cards so I can sign up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom