Distress Oxide Swap~Due July 10

I finished my cards for this swap, yay. The backgrounds are distress oxide sprays. I wasn't sure what I was doing for focal images/embellishments, so I used a fixative, which altered the look of the sprays a bit. Turns out I could have left them untreated, as I didn't use gel medium all over them in the end. The focal coins are distress oxide inks as well with archival stamping.

View attachment 207033 View attachment 207034 View attachment 207035 View attachment 207036

First attempt didn't go well at all! I couldn't get my embossing paper to stick to the embossing ink! I don't know if it's the powder, the ink, or the paper that's the problem! I'll try again tomorrow!

Wonderful cards AnitaMac!

BlueSky, hope you decide to join us!

ksj, are you embossing and then using the DO? If so, Stamping on top with black or white with an image usual turns out beautifully. I have not tried emboss resist yet. That should be interesting!

AnitaMac, the hostess love butteflies so good choice of themes. I like them all. But collect beautiful memories was the first one I looked at, and it stuck with me.

I really need to play around with these toys. And the suggestions TAD mentioned. I need to put on clothes I dont mind getting ink on.

CQ, I don't really make much of a mess except on my finger tips from holding the paper or replacing the sponge pad on the inking tool. Otherwise it is relatively neat!

CQ, I don't really make much of a mess except on my finger tips from holding the paper or replacing the sponge pad on the inking tool. Otherwise it is relatively neat!

I make a mess just using an ink pad, I am messy, I have a stain on my hand from just inking the edges of some tags today. I am very messy and I wear ugh clothes in my craft room. I have ruined too many items of clothing in the past.

I bought two more oxide colors today. Dang some pale teal and a pale pink, Not sure of the names. But my local craft store has a reward program, so I had $10 on the program. SO each ink pad cost me $1.08 with tax.

Back
Top Bottom