Distress Oxide Swap~Due July 10

My cards are ready for mailing.

I like distress oxide inks but I only have 6 of the original release. This limits my colour pallette somewhat. Perhaps I'll invest in some more when I have the cash!

View attachment 207247 DO inks using "smoosh" technique and acrylic block- Rubber stamp - white gel pen -gold ink- varnish
View attachment 207248 DO inks "smoosh" technique - rubber stamp - Ranger Crackle Glaze
View attachment 207249 DO inks "smoosh" technique -collage - gel pen
View attachment 207250 DO inks "smoosh" technique - rubber stamping - micron pen - micron pen

Fantastic cards ksj! Play some more and watch videos on Pintrist or YouTube, they inspire me greatly!

Dithespy, great cards as well. 'Smooshing' is really something I haven't done...have you played with the sponging tool at all?

I don't know how the DO's work on top of Gesso! You'll have to let me know CQ!

Welcome Suzi! Signing you up now

bumping to the top again...hoping for a few more players!

Heads up guys, if you haven't mailed anything to me in the last year, please know that my address has changed and pm me for it! ;)

Sometimes I think I never learn! I have sent my cards to the wrong address again. Note to self : Always check addresses are current!!. Never mind, set 2 are done and will be on their way to the correct address this time!

I decided to try a different technique with the distress oxide inks. I blended and either sprayed through a stencil or used a contasting ink through a stencil. I then stamped an image. After that I used other media to get the desired (or not..) effect.

View attachment 207276 I used crackle glaze on the skirt. The distress oxide inks bled quite a bit because the area was wet for a long time. I quite like the result. I then varnished the remaining areas of the card.
View attachment 207277 I added a rub-on of the bicycle to the unvarnished card over the distress oxide ink. This seemed to work fine. I stamped and heat embossed the words and added a paper flower.
View attachment 207278 I used crackle glaze on the face which produced a great deal of colour bleeding. Not too sure about the result.
View attachment 207279 This is just stamping with archival ink over the distress oxide inks and a light coat of varnish. The colour bleeding seems managable using a light coat of varnish

Awesome Dithespy! Crackle glaze...gonna have to try that! I have some and have never used it.
Here is a background I made this morning. I used the sponge applicator and Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade. I spritz with water than stamped and embossed over the top. I really like the color combo!
View attachment 207285

Awesome Dithespy! Crackle glaze...gonna have to try that! I have some and have never used it.
Here is a background I made this morning. I used the sponge applicator and Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade. I spritz with water than stamped and embossed over the top. I really like the color combo!
View attachment 207285

That's very nice. Is the embossing clear or white?

Thanks for letting me know, ThouArtDelyrias! Love the technique as well! I've been looking for interesting stencils, but most of them just don't excite me.

Back
Top Bottom