SmartAzz Housewives, Due August 5, 2019

Those examples are so funny. I will be lurking on the Soap opera couch for this one. Eating bon bons as well....LOL HAH

Wow, spottedcrow, that last one is RACY! Love them all! I've been gathering and came up with a pretty racy one, too. I just need to start actually MAKING some.

my thoughts: You are all super funny!

I dont drink though, Too many reasons. Medical on my part, and my kids have Fetal alcohol syndrome. It really damaged their brains. I was not the mother drinking, in case you are wondering. A large percentage of FAS children are never raised by their birth parents. I am sure you can figure out why.

But I love the Naps and spanking card, a ton. I love the (b)itch switch too.

So I think that is very odd of me. No Alcohol, but talk (b)itchy to me, give me a spanking haha!!! add a little special ingredient to my food. hahahha :confused:

How about some Housewife facts:

* Sigmund Freud saw women as childlike and as destined to be housewives. He noted that if a housewife desired a career, she was neurotic and suffered from “penis envy.”

* Housewives during the Middle Ages in Europe were not allowed to divorce their husbands or own property unless they were widows. Rich housewives had wet nurses to look after their children; however, poor housewives not only had to look after children but also had to do day-to-day work both in the home and on the land. Many women from poor families did not live past the age of 40.

* While sexism and inequality was rampant in the 1950s, housewives then were not downtrodden doormats but “tough and ultra-organized.” While men earned the money, housewives decided how it was spent and balanced household finances with military precision.

* Some feminist historians note that the early women’s movement made the mistake of propagating contempt for all things domestic and devaluing the work of housewives.

* Martha Stewart is credited for almost single-handedly popularizing homemaking and the role of a housewife again.

* Even housewives in the early 20th century had no dishwashers, clothes driers, supermarkets, food processors, or washing machines. They made beds with sheets and blankets (no duvets). They boiled the toweling and cloth diapers (which were at least 10 per baby per day). They could not take out loans or mortgages or hire purchase agreements. They even needed their husband’s consent to get a C-section. A wife who left her husband faced destitution. As the suffragettes complained before WWI, “Husband and wife are one person, and that one person is the husband.

* According to 1950s advice books, housewives were responsible for making the marriage work, even when alcohol, affairs, or abuse were the issue. Housewives were often to blame for making their husbands stray, drink, or be violent in the first place.

Taken from the following website, where you can find more interesting facts:
https://www.factretriever.com/housewives-facts

Since they are where you can find them if you want to, let me help you guys see some more great cards coming in:

delonewolf

BluSkyHare

This is going to be a very fun swap! I don't know how I'm going to part with ANY of them once I get my hands on them!

Back
Top Bottom