Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Memorial Week-end Marathon

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just diagnosed with shingles again. My second time in 7 months and my third time over all. In a lot of pain and waiting for the anti-viral script to be called in so I can start that which tends to knock me off my feet. I don't think I'll be up to playing but I'll check in for all the eye candy.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for you Kesager. I got it once in the middle of the time period when I was recovering from breast cancer, in a very small area, but it hurt. I think my body was just stressed out with the weekly doctors appointments, and injections, and pain.

The antiviral drugs cleared it up fast for me.

So I checked into the shingles shot, they told me that 3 years after my last outbreak is the best time to get one. I have heard other advice from other people. I should go check again about that shot.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear you're sick, KEsagers - hope you're feeling better soon!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    KESagers...sorry you are down...hope you feel better soon...

I need to finish off a few items, part of my attempt to clean up my area. I really tried to sort the chaos, but I found interesting things. I intended to simply group them but my willpower failed and I began making cards. Hope to have some cards to show soon.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    KESagers - that is horrible news of a shingles relapse. I hope that you have your script filled by now and that you have some relief.

Where are all the creative people?

I have gone straight to Day 2's theme of poppies as i seem to have quite a few resources for that. Here are the first 5
    #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
    Back soon with more. . .
    Now hosting:Pink ribbon celebration Due: October 30, BLACK versus white Due: November 6 coming up: Halloween/Autumn Athon Oct 30 to Nov 3

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are 4 ATCs for the Athon

Here are 4 ATCs for the Athon...the crayon box, glue, pencil and back pack are hand drawn and colored by me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seascape131; 05-25-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Added information

7. Likes dsign49 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    No-one else is creating anything? . . .

Here are my final 5 for today
    #6#7#8#9#10
    Now hosting:Pink ribbon celebration Due: October 30, BLACK versus white Due: November 6 coming up: Halloween/Autumn Athon Oct 30 to Nov 3

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I had to be out of town yesterday.
    The art I am seeing is beautiful I want to trade, but I have nothing to trade yet. I hope to this afternoon.

Kristin shingles again. Do take care of yourself. I hope the medication helps. Will keep you in my prayers.
    Check out Creations by Jill on Facebook
    APC Wish List
    I have a new address. PM me for it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checking-in... Poppies? I'm on it!!!

Oh, BTW, where are my manners? Hello to everyone!!!

11. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great start! Already see cards to ask for.

Here are 2 I finished - off topic leftovers - two more in process then I'll work on poppies. My resources are a bit thin, so I'll see what I come up with.

I have some other things but they need to be coated (small parts). I'll try and get them up by the end of the Marathon.

13. Likes Seascape131, dsign49, CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone! I have post-herpetic nerve damage from the first time so I'm always fighting the deep neural pain - it never completely goes away and the relapses have been along the same neural path each time. Each time it flares the pain is worse than before because it's involving the same nerves. It usually takes me about 4-6 weeks to get that under control enough that I can live with it. CastleQueen is right - the antiviral is amazing at helping with the rash so I won't have the skin pain at all this time - the start of the rash should very quickly be gone. Time is of the essence when it comes to Shingles and now I know to get on the meds immediately. I'm just sort of surprised I've got it again. My Docs have told me 6 months after an outbreak I can get the shot but the new shot isn't available due to some sort of shortage. I've been on the list since my last relapse - and now I have to wait 6 months again but since it's not even available around here I guess it doesn't really matter.

On the plus side I'll have some really nice art to look at this weekend.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

15. Likes dsign49 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donnacr - Wow - what a great start with all those beautiful floral collages!

Seascape those images are so cute! Where did you find them?

Lorna - that color combo is so striking!
    My APC add

17. Thanks Seascape131, Lorna thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get well soon! Kristin. Forgot to answer your question so I am using the edit button, I drew the school stuff myself and colored them, found them on the internet. Thanks for liking them.
    Last edited by Seascape131; 05-25-2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Addition

jo.on.the.go is offline visiting grandkids in three states this year
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I have been absent. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday I will do some art. On Wednesday I received the results of my DNA spit analysis and I have been totally absorbed in looking into my ethnicity.

Kristen, I hope you are feeling better. I had shingles once and it was SOOOOOO painful. My heart goes out to you.

20. Likes Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kristin, I hope healing comes quickly for you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jo.on.the.go View Post
    Sorry I have been absent. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday I will do some art. On Wednesday I received the results of my DNA spit analysis and I have been totally absorbed in looking into my ethnicity.

Kristen, I hope you are feeling better. I had shingles once and it was SOOOOOO painful. My heart goes out to you.
    Kristen, I, too, hope you feel better quickly! I remember shingles well, a day after I broke out with them, I got poison oak, too. Shingles was far worse!

Jo, I've done 2 DNA tests, had my mom do all 3 companies, and my dad did one. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck I can be 9% Swedish, my dad 6% Swedish, and my mom none at all. First, I had no idea there was ANY Swedish in the family! But how am I more Swedish than my parents combined??! Also, all our Ancestry tests keep changing, and my mom's 3 tests went from being pretty much the same, to Ancestry being greatly different from the other 2. But still, it's a lot of fun to play with. I'm the family genealogist (even got my genealogy credential from Boston University) so I really enjoy all of this. I hope you have fun with it, too, and if you need/want any help with trees or anything, you know where to find me

So, speaking of genealogy, I've been concentrating on WWI ATCs right now because my grandfather (mom's dad) was in it. He & pretty much all of his Texas A&M university class left school and enlisted together. I don't know how many didn't get home, but my grandfather did, thank heavens, or I wouldn't be here. Right now I've got some poppies watercolors painted and ready to post:

Attachment 206846 Poppies 1 - TRADED

Attachment 206847 Poppies 2 - TRADED

Attachment 206848 Poppies 3 - TRADED

I'll be working on some with my grandfather in his military uniform next.

Donnacr - I'd love to trade for at least one of your poppies, if any of mine strike you. Is your #7 still available?
    Last edited by Ancient Planter; 05-27-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

23. Likes jo.on.the.go, dsign49, Seascape131, nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ancient Planter your painted poppies are amazing. I will have to see if I can snag one of those.

I was able to make some poppies. They are colored with colored pencils.
    APC Wish List

25. Likes Seascape131, Ancient Planter, nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does the purple poppy mean?

The purple poppy is often worn to remember animals that have been victims of war.

Animals like horses, dogs and pigeons were often drafted into the war effort, and those that wear the purple poppy feel their service should be seen as equal to that of human service.

In particular, many horses were killed or injured in World War One.

I made some purple poppies for the animals
    APC Wish List

27. Thanks Ancient Planter thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsign49 View Post
    Ancient Planter your painted poppies are amazing. I will have to see if I can snag one of those.

I was able to make some poppies. They are colored with colored pencils.
    I love them, dsign49, and would be happy to trade with you, especially for a purple poppy. Thank you so much for explaining the meaning behind them! Most people never think about the animals that are used, and killed, in war. Did you see "War Horse"? I couldn't stop the tears while watching it!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, at Gettysburg there is at least one statue/memorial to a dog that was the companion of one of the units that fought there. I'll have to find the photo I took of that dog.