Dictionary Words, G, H & I ~ Hand-drawn/Hand-Painted/Collage/Mixed Media ~ Due Aug 23

Welcome V4A and Laffqueen! I am loving your cards. I will get you added. Please PM me if you need my address! And I need to correct myself - when I said I mailed the carcardcarcards out, I meant the ones for the D, E, F swap. Yeesh! :wub:

Mail call! Karr3ll, your cards arrived! Her words are:
Gerbil (definitely a perment member of the Top Cutest Critter Club), Harmonica (I had one as a kid...sounded like a dying duck!), and Iguana (I love these lizards!)

Hello, all! I just want to let you all know that I updated my first post. When making your cards, please read the definition of the word you are choosing. Some English words are spelled similarly or the same to other words, and its SO easy to miss of you don't read the rest of the definition to make sure the word is what you think it is. Think of TEAR (to rip something apart) versus TEAR (crying).

That said, I am loving th cards you all are posting!

Thank you, Meraki!

Mail call! Laffqueen, your lovely cards are here! Her cards are: Graphic (as in written or drawn - love the pen-nibs!), Haberdasher (that's such a fun sounding word!) Insect and Ink (love the foamy bug silhouettes!)

Mail call! Meraki, your gorgeous cards arrived!

Welcome back ladies! Love your cards, Thouartdelyrias!

My cards didn't actually get in the box until Saturday. Needed to gather things for the host...just fyi Foxglove in case you were wondering were they were

OH I do like that Gecko. And of course the IDEA card is super creative.

I just realized something, as much as I love snails and snail cards. I dont like the word gastopod. I find that interesting and quirky. I guess it reminds me too much of digestion, and words that go with stomach. And eating snails too. UGH!

I wonder if there are others who dont like some words, in an avoiding abhorrent way. I heard some dont like the word moist. I have no problem with that word, esp since I tend to need moisturizer all over my skin.

Love those, Donna! The snail is hilarious!

Also - mail call! Thouartdelyrias, your fun cards are here! Her words are: Gecko, Humor (who are you calling a doody head?? You're a stinky doodoo head!) and Imbricate. I learned something today - I did not know there was a word to describe a pattern where the edges overlap, like in a fish scale pattern. Nicely done!

Last edited:
Awesome! Good to know Foxglove! (doodoo head!) The imbricate one was cool in my mind too!
Love the cards Donna, Great minds think alike with the Gecko! Love that one too!

LOL! For anyone who didn't catch that, one of the snarky quotes on the Humor card is "I'm not childish, you're just a doody head." :D

My cards are ready to be mailed
IMG_0820.jpg
Words: Gape, Hieroglyphic, Irrigate and Island

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom