Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrarium Swap, Due September 2

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you can join us, CQ! That’s a long visit to Michigan. Do you have family there? I’ll actually be in Michigan visiting family during that same time, but not for nearly as long.

JenUrebel is offline Anything can be embellished!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to lurk for a while, and try to keep an eye on your participant list so I don't get shut out if it fills. I found a jar yesterday, so the wheels have started turning already. Just don't want to commit and get in over my head.

3. Likes SpottedCrow liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mom lives in Michigan. She is turning 75. In the past I have stayed for a least 4-6 weeks, and often with my kids. It was cooler than AZ and my mom and dad, was always to see all the kids. The last time I went was 2016. I stayed for August. I went for my moms birthday then too, but also because my dad was dying, and he did die while I was there. He was waiting for me to show up before he signed up for hospice. Then I helped my mom with aftercare stuff.

I could not go visit in 2017 or 2018 because my husband had cancer and was then recovering from a stem cell transplant. I can now go visit again cause Hubby is healed. Miracle of modern medicine and a lot of prayer.

SO where I Michigan will you be? I will be in Lennon, exit 123 off I-69, between Flint and Owosso/Lansing.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the lurkers lounge, JenUrebel! I hope you find time to join us!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CQ, we’ll spend a few days with my family in White Lake (a rural little area 40 minutes south of Flint and an hour east of Lansing), then we’re heading up north for a mini vacation in Traverse City with some old friends of ours.

It must be nice to be able to spend such a long chunk of time there. I’m so glad that your husband has healed so well. I hope you enjoy your visit with your mom! I’m sure it’ll be nice after so long!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont drink the water!!! ok sorry. Lennon is town that the divides, between Genesee and Shaiwassee counties. I mean on side of the road I Genesee county one side, SIhawassee county.

So Flint had lead tainted water back in 2016 and earlier. My mom was not in that county and has a well. But the folks in Flint got very ill. I remember getting some coffee at the Speedy gas station, in Lennon, and asking if they had Flint water? He said no. I think he lied. He was on the East side of the dividing line. AND I DRANK I ANYWAY! I had been drinking it all month before I asked.

The coffee is pretty good, and I was really having a hard time getting a good cup of coffee while I was there. No Starbucks near, and the coffee my brother was buying was super cheap.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right?! The Flint water crisis is tragic, and it's ridiculous that it's gone on so long! My parents also have a well and aren't in that area. I can't even imagine the horror of living there through that, though, especially the people who have children.

I don't have a problem finding good coffee because I've never actually drunk a cup! My wife is a coffee snob who takes her coffee black, and her favorite coffee is actually in Michigan. It's the Lobster Butter Love blend made by RoosRoast Coffee, and they're based in Ann Arbor.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lobster Butter Love blend made by RoosRoast Coffee, I googled that one. Oh wow, sounds yum, and no actual lobsters were killed to create the coffee. They also have Mother Pheasant plucker blend. I might order some coffee, and have it delivered to my mom's place. I also plan to go out an buy a French press, and just tell my brother to ... Um bite me. I need good coffee and 1/2 and 1/2, and no one will get hurt.

About your wife, being a coffee snob. It is a true sign of a true coffee lover who drinks it black, I am not worthy.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha! I can't even stand the taste of coffee ice cream, so her love of coffee is absolutely beyond me. I do think that if you're a coffee person, spending 2 months without good coffee is a crime, so go get that French press and bring your own quality coffee if that's what it takes!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Biggbys coffee place in Owosso and I plan to go buy some ground coffee, and some creamer. And not talk to anyone til I have had 2 cups of coffee in the AM. (ok so not much different than the way I am here in the AM)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to have my coffee!!
    Not a snob about it, but I do like some more than others.

Coffee Ice Cream?? Oh yes please !!
    Be Not Reckless With The Hearts Of Others, Nor Abide By Those Who Would Be Reckless With Yours.
    **Profile Pic by Prex79**

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrarium Swap

So much fun making these. I hope they are what you had in mind?
    I need your address too! Please.

Night Sky-water color, embossed moon & stars, stamped jar & trees.

Beauty-magazine background, embossed jar, magazine image, sticky text

Beach- magazine background, stamped jar, stamped beach sign, sun is yellow chalk paint
    (scanner makes it white)

Zen-watercolor, packing tape transfer, stamped jar, glitter pens, magazine images, stamped vines
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be Not Reckless With The Hearts Of Others, Nor Abide By Those Who Would Be Reckless With Yours.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am loving your jar terrariums! I especially love that octopus and night sky...this is giving me some much needed inspiration!

15. Thanks SpottedCrow thanked this post
    Likes CreativeSquirrel liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please allow me to lurk with intent for a bit. I'm just at the beginning stages of forming ideas.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    SpottedCrow, your terrariums are gorgeous! Great work! I'm messaging you my address right now!

ksj1717, welcome to the lurkers lounge!

18. Thanks SpottedCrow thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OKAY...you can take me off the lurkers couch, my cards are complete and drying. As soon as it is safe, I will post pics!
    Now Hosting: Zentangled!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cards go in the mail tomorrow.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So...I played and played this weekend and got some cards done! Off the couch and onto the list! YAY! Will mail in the next day or 2.
    Terrarium Swap.jpg
    Now Hosting: Zentangled!

22. Likes AmySi, SpottedCrow, aginghippychic liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ThouArtDelyrias, I’ve added you to the list! I’m so glad you’re able to join!

SpottedCrow, I’ll let you know as soon as your cards arrive!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep coming back to this swap...love the theme! Can you add me to the list?