Thread: DOORWAY TO FAIRYLAND (Altered Altoid Tin Swap) Due Sept. 7

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, I will be waiting with bells on.
    Now Hosting: Doorway to Fairyland, Altoid Tin Mail Art Swap ; Mother Goose Challenge ATC Swap; Swans, Flamingos, and Herons...Oh My!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My tins went postal on Saturday and should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. Here are the first 2 of my tins.

The library one is my favorite.

The cosmic fairy tin has glow in the dark paint on the gate and a bit inside. I was so excited to use the mirror tiles. I bought them years ago (I don't remember why) and they've been sitting in a tub with other random stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melissa
    Hosting: An All Fall ATART Challenge from Sept. 19-23. Watch for details!

I am working to de-stash: Please see my profile for a list of items that I'd love to send to you!

4. Likes Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my 3rd tin. I went with 2:2 with an extra for the host. This one just didn't turn out like I envisioned it. But I like the actual inside part - with the fairy and cupcakes. The gifts inside the lid and the streamers are disappointing to me. They did not cooperate like I thought they should. You know how sometimes reality doesn't match up with the big ideas in our heads!

Anyway - I really enjoyed this swap although it was a huge challenge for me. I need to do some more practice on 3D projects.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melissa

I am working to de-stash: Please see my profile for a list of items that I'd love to send to you!

6. Likes Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melissa, they are all wonderful! Each one has something unique incorporated into the design - glow-in-the-dark paint, little mirror tiles, tiny books, and cupcakes! Very creative! I do love that library one, and I believe that is a cameo on the inside lid. Did you look at my profile page? Hmmm....wonder which one I will choose....
    Now Hosting: Doorway to Fairyland, Altoid Tin Mail Art Swap ; Mother Goose Challenge ATC Swap; Swans, Flamingos, and Herons...Oh My!

8. Likes Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I love that one with the cameo!! Beautiful job! I have a tattoo on my forearm of my favorite cameo my Memere left when she passed, i inherited her collection and im keeping it going! awesome tins!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just had a reluctant withdrawal via PM due to illness. I think everyone else is on target as far as I know. Postal holidays always slow things down.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CiCiCreates View Post
    Melissa, they are all wonderful! Each one has something unique incorporated into the design - glow-in-the-dark paint, little mirror tiles, tiny books, and cupcakes! Very creative! I do love that library one, and I believe that is a cameo on the inside lid. Did you look at my profile page? Hmmm....wonder which one I will choose....
    I didn't! But if I had, I would have sent you some extras. That's another thing that I bought a bag full of about 8 years ago -pink and black background cameos. I don't know why I bought them.
    Melissa

12. Likes Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, we hit the jackpot today! I received adorable fairyland tins from: Haagmm, Notinkansas, Miss Fame, and Kae Ryan. I will leave you each personal feedback shortly, thanks so much for playing!

14. Thanks Haagmm thanked this post
    Likes Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are nearing swap time, and I am so happy to hear that so many of you have really enjoyed this idea. So much so that Shannon (aka Miss Fame) suggested I host another Altoid tin swap. I really didn’t think I was ready so soon, but then she mentioned a Santa’s Workshop theme....and wow, all the ideas and images that pop into my head! In order for it to be timely, I would need to post in early October. Just wondering if there would be any interest. If you want to weigh in, it will definitely NOT be considered a commitment, it might just help me know what to do, thank-you!

16. Likes Kae.Ryan, Miss Fame liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be super cool! I don't always check that forum though....possible pm the swap?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Input noted, TAD, thanks!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn’t be able to participate, just too much going on, but it sounds like great fun! Excited that our returns will be going out in a little while!!
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Catladybj, your tins are here safe and sound...and not late...host tin so tough to choose! I will leave personal feedback in a little while. Everyone’s Fairyland images are just so creatively wonderful! They will be a real joy to swap out, will let you all know when that happens.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I might have found some tiny little Santa’s workshop goodies at Hobby Lobby yesterday.
    Melissa

22. Likes Miss Fame liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, I was thinking little Christmas miniatures might not be out yet. I do think a Santa’s Workshop theme might be fun, and I know there were some who wanted to play in this one and couldn’t. So maybe....we’ll see.

24. Thanks Haagmm thanked this post
    Likes Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    All little fairyland tins are in the mail on their way to new owners! All should arrive by this Thursday, 9/12. I hope everyone is happy with your returns, and don’t forget to leave rep points for your return partners. Remember, a Mail Art Swap usually involves a little more effort, supplies, and postage than regular ATC swaps, so your positive feedback is very appreciated.

26. Thanks notinkansas thanked this post
    Likes notinkansas, Miss Fame, Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So... I received my TOTALLY AWESOME tin houses yesterday. I was so busy though and couldn't stop and report. I just had to bring them to work and show them to everyone that seemed interested! they are sooooo super cute and I just adore them!!!!! Thanks so much for doing this one CiCiCreates!!! Off to leave superduper remarks!

28. Thanks CiCiCreates thanked this post
    Likes Miss Fame, Kae.Ryan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my absolutely beautiful fairy houses today from Ravenshadow and NotinKansas!! Thank you for my first ever CiCiCreates Swap! It was a very fun and rewarding challenge!
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

30. Thanks CiCiCreates thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course you know I am completely into another swap. Starting in October would actually be perfect. The idea of Santa's workshop came from Hobby Lobby from their miniatures like what Haagmm also mentioned.

I can't wait to receive my returns.
    ☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆