ksj1717

Must Create
Media
Due Date: September 25 2019
3 for 3 ATC Swap
Number of Players: Unlimited
ATCs to be traded 3 for 3.

SPECIAL TRASH CHALLENGE, Due September 25, 2019

We had so much fun with the first swap, let's do another!

Many of us have enjoyed all the trash swaps. It is fun and interesting to receive trash from a host and make ATCs. This time all the trash will come from other players and not the host. If you have wanted to trade your trash, but did not have enough to host a “trash” swap, this is the swap for you.

Three different people will make a nice ATC from trash that you send.
You will get your own trash back in the form of an ATC.
This swap will be for regular size ATCs (2 ½" by 3 ½") – no coins, dolls or other shapes.

To sign up for the swap:

• Post in the thread that you understand that once you have received your baggies of trash, this is a no withdrawal swap. Participants who receive baggies and do not timely return 3 completed ATCs will receive a Neutral iTrader.
• Send me a private message requesting my mailing address.

This will be a three phase swap. Here's how it works:

PHASE ONE: - Due Date August 14, 2019

• Each player will create three sets of different kinds of trash. Please use a sandwich bag (or similar size baggie) for each set. If you want to send small trash in a penny sleeve, that is ok too. Make sure the top is taped to keep all the contents contained. Each baggie or packet must have 5 items. Examples of items: a photo, scrapbook paper, vintage paper, junk mail, odd textured items, fibers, ribbon, stamp, tissue paper, bubble wrap, - basically anything that can be used to create an ATC either by adhering it to a back or using the item as a tool.
•Please use one sandwich bag or similar packaging for each set.
•Label EACH bag with your USER NAME and REAL NAME.
•Send all 3 baggies to me.
•Please make sure your baggies are secure in a sturdy envelope, not a flimsy business sized envelope.
•Your envelopes with baggies of trash are DUE to me by August 14, 2019.
•Please have your name and address clearly written on a paper or include an address label for me to use to send your swapped baggies to you.
•Any baggies received after August 14 will be returned to sender and your name will be removed from the player’s list.

PHASE TWO:

•I will swap out the baggies the weekend following August 14, have them in the mail to you the following Monday.
•I will be using my own envelopes, so you do not need to send return envelopes or postage at this time.

PHASE THREE:

•When you receive your baggies, make an ATC with all five items from a single baggie.
- You may alter any item, turn it over and use the back side, cut out shapes from an item, paint or ink an item, use a small part of an item or use any item as a tool for applying paint or use as a stencil.
- You will be providing your own base for each card.
- Do not use one of the items from the baggie for a base.
- You can also add other elements or items to enhance the ATC, but you must use all 5 of the items in some way.
- The intent is to make an artful and interesting ATC with the trash – do not just paste everything down willy nilly on a base and call it done.
- Each baggie will be to make one ATC.
- The ATC you make will go back to the person who gathered the trash for that baggie.
•Make each ATC with a firm backing such as Bristol board, cardboard or sturdy cardstock.
- Please do not use playing cards as a base for this swap.
•On the back of each ATC, indicate the recipient's name (the person who sent you the 5 items used), and your user name and information.
•Put each ATC in a penny sleeve or a three across card page –MAKE SURE you have included the name that was on the baggie on the back of your ATC.
•Mail your completed ATCs back to me.
•The due date is September 25, 2019. Any cards not sent or received late will receive a neutral iTrader.
- Please keep in mind what your mail time is to Tennessee.

Posting the trash you received and pictures of the cards you make is not a requirement, but appreciated.

Postage:

When you return your completed cards to me, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with the same amount of postage it cost you to send your cards to me. Compensating me for the initial mailing would be appreciated, but not required.

For this swap, you should give iTraders to each person who made you a card and iTraders for the hostess if you think I’ve done a good job.

Thanks for signing up! Let's have some fun!

Completed cards have been received by people in red!

0. ksj1717
1. ThouArtDelyrias
2. Karr3ll
3. Dithespy
4. Jenspirko
5. Mushu
6. AmySi
7. prex
8. catladybj
9. theweavershand - withdrawn
10. mcgillisj
11. dreamcatchersparkles - withdrawn
12. Angeljoy
13. Allegrae
14. MrsMixedMedia
15. dnewton972
16. Haagmm
17. ShellyJo
18. kehlenn
19. huddlestonmollie
20. valerie416
21. Dee
22. Wykyd
23. hem18
24. Vegan4animals

Last edited:
This sounds very interesting and I understand it is a no withdraw swap, and I would like to give it a roll. Can't believe I am first to sign up. You may want to change the date on phase 1....:unsure:

What's the due date for Phase 1? When I read through the instructions, it looks like it's August 10th? I'd love to play, but with a final due date of Sept 14 or Sept 13, I'm not sure it's enough turn-around time for me (Canada) ... it would only be a month and a couple of days for mailing the bags to me, getting my cards done and mailing them back to you. I don't feel confident that I can make the deadline.

Last edited:
Once a swap has been approved and posted, I think you are supposed to check with the mods before you change swap due dates.

Ive been working with a moderator on the dates and what i can and can’t do. The deadline is being adjusted. Thanks to everyone for putting up with me figuring this out. Also, I was informed this type of swap gets You Rock points between players instead of iTraders so I am making that correction as well.

Phew!

I think I'm all figured out and caught up now. Thanks for lurking trini70. I hope you do get to play. I have these players signed up: ThouArtDelyrias, Karr3ll, Dithespy, Jenspirko, Mushu, AmySi, and prex79.

Maybe with the date changes, you'll be able to play JavaZarf! Either way, you're always welcome to hang around...this was your idea to begin with! You can see how much everyone enjoyed it!! :)

Back
Top Bottom