SPECIAL TRASH CHALLENGE #2, Due September 25, 2019

Just finished my cards and they are in the mail.
Allegrae- upper left
AmySi- upper right
valerie416- lower left
ksj1717- lower right (host card)

Attachments

• Special Trash Challenge 2.jpg
    Special Trash Challenge 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 14
My cards were mailed yesterday. My cards however go through Houston and Houston is seriously flooded. The postmaster said no rerouting. I am hoping for the best.

My cards:
Special Trash Challenge #2 Swap_Summer Fun for AmySi_2019.jpg
How I used the items: striped envelope liner and purple, black, and white paper on the background (one side of the paper had numbers and the other side had an ad, possibly), the blue paper that is backing the polaroid border (was also in the bag - I cut out the photo that was inside it). The word "summer" from the bag covered up "game night", originally on the polaroid border. I fussy cut the stars and used the strip of metallic gum wrapper (?) as is.

Special Trash Challenge #2 Swap_Beautiful Butterflies for TAD_2019.jpg
envelope liner on the background, stenciled through butterfly die cut scrap and used the few butterflies that were left. I backed them with the light blue from a paint chip sample. The silver embroidery thread was in the bag, and I used it to attach the pretty iridescent plastic piece.

Special Trash Challenge #2 Swap_Home is Where the Heart Is for Huddlestonmollie_2019.jpg
The bear was fussy cut from tea packaging. I used the ribbon as the rug under the bear. "Home" was from the tyvek tag (my heat gun had kicked the bucket, or I would've tried to alter the tyvek with paint and heat), the pink fuzzy stuff already had the heart negative space and then I used the green border as, well, a border. I used a paint chip from my stash as the background.

Host card:
Special Trash Challenge #2 Swap_Host Card for ksj1717_2019.jpg
I used the rest of TAD's paint chip sample on the background, b&w striped envelope liner and "summer" from AmySi, and the ribbon from huddlestonmollie. I finished it with scraps that were hanging around on my desk.

Mail Call!

Cards received from catladybj and from Jenspirko! Thanks so much for the extras!

I'm so glad they came! I had accidentally marked that I had already received cards from catladybj and when I started sorting last night and couldn't find them....!!!

....I was so upset!

Swapping will take place this evening and I'll have them out tomorrow guys! These are all amazing!​

I spaced on getting pictures of my cards! I hope y'all liked them -- the "Trash" packages were great! Thanks to Roberta (@vegan4animals); Shelly (@ShellyJo); and Denice (@Drewton972)! And of course our fearless leader, Kimberly! This wasa fun one.

Cards arrived in N.Y. Leaving iTrader now :)
Gorgeous set & I didn't even recognize my trash!

Ha! I wrote iTrader, then left 2 you rocks before noticing... I can fix tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Thank you, ksj1717 for hosting. I love these types of swaps!

Thank you to the artists who so cleverly converted my trash into special treasures: dithespy, vegan4animals, and AmySi!

Back
Top Bottom