creating daily soothes the soul
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date; September 1, 2019
Withdraw Date; None
Number of Cards; 3 for 3, or 6 for 6
Number of Participants; 30 players

Faux Postage Stamps!!! What are they?
They are fake postage stamps that you create yourself and use as the focal point for your atcs, of course!

I recently found these irresistible little things and am addicted.

For this swap there are some rules; PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES

THE FAUX POSTAGE STAMPS; must be made in this manner--

1) they must be between the sizes of 1 inch by 1 inch and 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches--they may be square or rectangular, but with no side smaller than 1 inch and larger than 1.5 inches
2) the first layer must be made of text paper--book page, magazine page, a letter, etc. and have wavy or serrated edges like a stamp
3) the second layer must fit within the first layer, be made of paper---they can be paper with acrylic paint, watercolor, etc., or magazine paper, etc.
4) the third layer must be a small image collaged on to the other layers--a tiny cut out image from a book, printout, magazine, "trash", or hd/hp---but it must be collaged on, not simply drawn onto the second layer---PLEASE NO STICKERS FOR THIS SWAP--we are collaging. PLEASE DO NOT USE ACTUAL POSTAGE STAMPS--YOUR CARDS WILL BE RETURNED.

Usually they have cancelled post marks "stamped" on, but if you don't have a stamp, you can draw the wavy lines of cancellation on.

Feel free to add vintage brown ink to make the stamp look old.

THE ATCS; must be made in this manner

1) must be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches made with cardstock or other firm heavy paper---watercolor paper, etc., with your AFA name and swap name on the back
2) must have some sort of background--no plain white cards
3) must have one or more of your faux postage stamps on each card
4) must have one or more additional item on each card--ribbon, washi tape, embellisment (not too thick please) torn paper, marker, text, etc.

As always, please mail your cards in sleeves. Please include as sase for your returns. International players; please include 1 US $ or 1 US Global postage stamp, or PM me for my Paypal info.

PM me for my address, and please let me know on the thread or by PM if you need to withdraw. And don't forget to give reps to the players whose cards you receive.

Here are a couple of links to YouTube videos showing how the faux postage stamps are made.
They are a bit long, but you can watch them at double speed---it's super easy!
And I think you'll find them quite fun and addictive. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fAsG6rhQ4&list=PLHzoTBOTly4fPPOSUlMkWoNlCW7Z8PLPH&index=90&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvjYnqBhKPI&list=PLHzoTBOTly4fPPOSUlMkWoNlCW7Z8PLPH&index=90

And here are a couple of faux postage stamp cards and stamps that I made;

Pear and Gnome Faux Stamps atc.jpgPlaying Card Faux Stamp.jpgLucky Queen of Hearts-faux postage stamp atc.jpg

Players;
1) Suzi-recvd
2) Evalila--recvd
3) dithespy--recvd
4) Donnacr-recvd
5) Mushu-recvd
6) jenspirko-recvd
7) AngelJoy--recvd
8) Carol--recvd
9) Karr3ll--recvd
10) ThouArtDelyrias-recvd
11) Paintaddict-recvd
12) Laffqueen-recvd
13) Evilmomlady-recvd
14) Lalka-recvd
15) AuntieDeb-recvd
16) Vegan4Animals--recvd
17) 3moffday2-recvd
18) Bu Bay Lai-recvd
19) Plumhill2001-recvd
withdrawn
20) Amychelle-recvd
21) kehlenn-recvd
22) smallgirl-recvd
23) prex79-recvd
24) JenUrebel-recvd
25) nanvan--recvd
26) suzyq-recvd
27) Gyspy-recvd
28) AmySi-recvd
29) TSMarie-recvd
30) miss-recvd
31)WampumWashi-recvd

Attachments

• Travel Faux Stamps atc.jpg
    Travel Faux Stamps atc.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Clock Faux Stamp.jpg
    Clock Faux Stamp.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Glad you here, TAD!

I've made a couple more and hope to post them or add them in the thread starter soon.

Back
Top Bottom