Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: September 20, 2019
Signup/Withdrawl: none, just communicate, please
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participant : unlimited

GIRAFFE ~ ATC SWAP

This swap is all about giraffes! You can do hd/hp, collage, mixed media. Let your imagination run wild. Whimsical or realistic! Anything goes! You can decorate your cards any way you like, just as long as the giraffe is the main focus!

Embellishments are fine, but please be mindful of the extra postage costs for heavier additions to your cards. Let your creative juices flow, add layers, textures........wherever your muse takes you. No plain white backgrounds. Please submit your best work, something that you would be happy to add to your own collection. Host cards are not required to play, but if you chose to send one, I will cherish it!

Some interesting facts about giraffes:

-over short distances, giraffes can run up to 35 mph.

-Giraffes only need to drink water once every couple of days. They get most of their water from their plant-based diet—which is good considering their height makes the process of drinking difficult (and, if a lion happens upon a drinking giraffe, even dangerous).

-Female giraffes often return to where they were born to give birth. Once there, their calves receive a rough welcome into the world, falling over five feet to the ground.

-Fortunately, baby giraffes can stand up and even run within a hour of being born.

-Giraffes' tongues can be up to 20 inches long and are darkly colored, which is thought to help protect them during frequent sun-exposure.

-Giraffes usually stay upright while sleeping and if they do settle into a vulnerable position on the ground, it's just for a quick six-minute nap.

-Giraffes have hair-covered horns called ossicones—but only males use them (for fighting each other).

-Giraffes require over 75 pounds of food a day—and with a diet of leaves, this means they spend most of their time eating.

-Despite their characteristic long necks, giraffes actually have the same number of neck vertebrae as humans—just seven. Each individual vertebra is super-sized, measuring up to ten inches long.

-Because of their unusual shape, giraffes have a highly-specialized cardiovascular system that starts with an enormous heart. It's two feet long and weighs up to 25 pounds.

-Additionally, the jugular veins contain a series of one-way valves that prevent excess blood flow to the brain when the giraffe lowers its head to drink.

**copied from mentalfloss.com

Cards are to be standard ATC size, 3 1/2 X 2 1/2. The cards should be straight and sturdy, and in individual plastic sleeves. Please include swap name, user name, your real name, date and location on the back of all cards.

US participants: Please send a large address label and a forever stamp. If your cards are heavy and or bulky, remember to include extra postage. I will provide all envelopes!!

International participants: Please send large address label and a well concealed US dollar bill, US stamps are fine too. I will supply envelopes! Any questions? PM me.

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a pm for my address. If you have my address from a previous swap, it has not changed.

Please try to mail your cards early!! I will be prompt in sending out your returns!

When you do receive your returns, please be kind enough to leave “you rock” points for the artists whose cards you received. If you feel that I have done a good job as a host, please leave an ITrader for me.

Who would like to play?

1. Bu Bay Lai ~~Arrived
2. Karr3ll ~~Arrived
3. Donnacr ~~Arrived
4. dchicken7 ~~Arrived
5. jheuser ~~Arrived
6 3moffday2 ~~Arrived
7 Paintaddict ~Arrived
8. Christie ~~cards lost in the mail system
9. Seascape131 ~~Arrived
10. miss ~~Arrived
11. yellita96 ~~Arrived
12. Suzi ~~Arrived
13. Deb2015 ~~Arrived

Last edited:
Thanks for looking, ferretgirl. I hope that you have a chance to come back.

Thanks for checking the swap out Stahlrala. Lurkers are always welcome!

Back
Top Bottom