Abstract Swap, handrawn/-painted, due September 20, 2019

Evalila

Things can only get better.....
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due Date: September 20, 2019
Sign-Up/Withdraw date: none, just make sure your cards are here by the due date or let me know if you have to drop out (I´d hate to leave a neutral iTrader!)
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of players: unlimited

Please read carefully:

* Make three different cards, original art only, no copies or prints

* all cards must be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges, otherwise they´ll be returned to you

* Cards that don´t meet the swap criteria will be returned at your own expense.

* Each card should be sent in it´s own plastic sleeve

* Please include at least username and real name on the back of your cards. We can´t leave RepPoints if we don´t know who you are - and make sure to post to the thread also, this makes it even easier for us

* Please don´t tape the daylight out of your cards or the envelope. A little goes a long way. And the more tape is used on your envelope, the higher the risk that I damage your cards if I have to cut it open

* Do NOT send envelopes, I´ll provide them. Instead, please send a LARGE address label with your name and address CLEARLY typed or written on

* Postage for mailing 3 cards is $ 1, I prefer Paypal, please PM me for my info. If you don´t have Paypal I´ll take unused US-postage-stamps (Global forever stamps preferred) or a well concealed US $ (NO COINS!!). Please PM me if you don´t have access to US-stamps or Paypal, we can work something out

* Do NOT send a SASE, unless you´re in Germany. I can´t use them and I won´t send them back because of the mailing costs.

* Please allow enough time for your cards to get to me. I plan to swap on time. Remember, I am in Germany. I usually recommend a mailing time of 2 weeks for overseas players and 1 week for European players.

* Please send me a PM when you need my address. If you already have my address from a previous swap or trade - it hasn´t changed.

So, who wants to draw or paint some abstracts?

0. me
1. AngelJoy
2. MARRAE
3. Karr3ll
4. Blueangel
5. lazyshadows
6. valerie416
7. CiCiCreates
8. Paintaddict
9. jo.on.the.go
10. hem18
11. An. M. Sudyka
12. Seascape131
13. StitchinWitch
14. Lorna
15. Suzi
16. Annie
17. casivonmir

18. catpratt

Last edited:
I really like your abstract samples, Evalila! I also love the works of Miro. Would they be considered abstracts?

Well, I thought I’d try one to see if I could (never did abstracts before), and I got on a roll and did the whole set. I appreciate the link to definitions and descriptions! My images are probably recognizable but certainly not realistic. Anyway, please sign me up, and I will post pics soon.

I would like to play. I really like abstracts - they look so different from my usual, don't they? I wanted to achieve more vivid colors, so I used acrylics. For the most part they were painted using a palate knife. But I put some conditions on myself:
1) I wanted to use up my old acrylics
2) I wanted to use a composition in one of the twelve design formats suggested by Bob Burridge (see the Bob Burridge thread to learn more about him)
3) I wanted to use Bob Burridge's method of using his color wheel, which is a little different than the typical R/B/Y primaries and G/P/O secondaries (again, see the Bob Burridge thread)

View attachment 208467 Abstract 1 (cruciform composition; dominant: red, focal: blue-green, spice: yellow and purple)

View attachment 208468 Abstract 2 (overlapping frames composition; dominant: green, focal: purple-red, spice: didn't use)

View attachment 208469 Abstract 3 (golden section composition; dominant: green-yellow, focal: purple, spice: red and blue)

View attachment 208470 Abstract 4 (constellation composition; didn't follow color wheel)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom