Out of the Art Room Closet: Trash to Treasure ATC Swap ~ Due September 14, 2019

prex

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date - Sept 14, 2019
Number of cards - 5:5 Mixed Media Collage
Number of Participants – 32 FULL
NO WITHDRAWALS

I've been organizing my classroom closet since I started teaching. I've been slowly clearing out YEARS worth of "junk" to make room for new junk and things I know the kids will regularly use. There are a lot of items that have ended up in the trash or recycling (some I wish I had held onto when I first started cleaning out, because I KNOW you would've done something cool with it). I have put together 32 envelopes of items for you to turn into art. Some of it is rather "vintage", and some has come from other teachers (because yes, I do still collect junk to use in future art projects).

Swap Requirements:

Make sure you are committed and up for a challenge before you sign up. If I send you an envelope, you are required to complete the swap without knowing what is in the envelope. This is a no withdrawal swap, so I will leave neutral itrader to those who don’t complete the commitment to this swap. No cards, no contact, late cards may result in neutral itrader.

PM me with your mailing address, so I can send out your trash items. **Please remember to include postage with your cards to reimburse my initial mailing ~ THESE ARE IN MANILA ENVELOPES, SO THEY WILL COST $1.35 TO MAIL OUT DOMESTICALLY (one US dollar or 2 forever stamps is enough), AND ABOUT $5 INTERNATIONALLY**

Swap is 5:5 cards.

You must *use at least 3 trash items per card. *Use can be more than attaching the item, you can alter the item, or use it to paint on the card. The word *use, yes you can rip it, paint it, turn it around backwards, modify it. But you must *use it somehow. HOWEVER, at least ONE item must be recognizable.

For this swap, I am asking that you stick to the 2.5" x 3.5" rectangle format.

You must declare on the back of the cards which trash items you used.

We all have different skills so please send work you are proud of, think layers whenever possible. I will do my best to swap effort for effort. Remember, you are encouraged to use items from your own stash to create finished art pieces.

All cards must be original works, not reprints.

All cards need to be labeled with your real name, and your AFA username, so others can leave you their thanks via you rocks.

Mailing Requirements:

US Participants – Please include a legible SASE or mailing label, as well as postage to cover initial mailing.

International Participants - Please include a mailing label with your address clearly written or typed. I will provide an envelope for returns for all international players. Please include a well concealed US dollar bill or US global forever stamp, as well as postage to cover initial mailing.

Please make sure to package your card securely. We don't want these wonderful works of art to get banged up in the mail.

When you are ready to send in your cards, please send me a private message. Also, please post when you send in your cards, so I can be on the lookout.

Make sure your cards are mailed in time to be in my hands on or before the due date. Cards that are late will be returned at your expense. Missing cards will result in neutral itrader.

When you receive your cards, please leave itrader for your hostess (that would be me) and "you rock" points to the players you received cards from.

Who's up for the challenge? Red means player received package
1. Suzi
2. dithespy
3. miss
4. nanvan
5. Haagmm
6. Amychelle
7. Vegan4animals
8.Karr3ll
9. Essy
10. heymaggie
11. AngelJoy
12. kehlenn
13. dnewton972
14. Annie
15. NancyL
16. ThouArtDelyrias
17. dreamcatchersparkles 7/22
18. ohhappyday
19. valerie416
20. CastleQueen5
21. Kae.Ryan
22. RabbitMar
23. pithier
24. Wykyd
25. catladybj
26. CreativeK
27. BluSkyHare
28. Mushu
30. mcgillisj
31. mrubyjean
32. AmySi

Last edited:
Welcome everyone! I'll mail out envelopes later today... assuming I can get to sleep tonight and not sleep through the post office's open time tomorrow. Argh.... I'm not sure how long it is going to take for me to readjust to EST.

Welcome!

An FYI for international players: it seems as though it is a bit inconsistent for mailing costs, so it will just have to be a wait and see. When I looked it up yesterday, it said a little over 5$ for a large envelope. Today it cost barely over 2$ to mail to Canada and 4$ to mail to France.

Received my art room trash today... don't want to spoil anything for the people waiting, but I will say the Get Along Gang valentine warmed my inner 80's kid heart :)

Back
Top Bottom