Out of the Art Room Closet: Trash to Treasure ATC Swap ~ Due September 14, 2019

Great cards TAD,
I see you got two Garfields.

I am also very impressed with your card # two and your use of the fiber. You really made the parts work. I was really inspired by another players use of the fiber, but still I could not make it work on any card.

My favorite is the flower card where you used that white mesh type thingy. Great colors (green being a favorite, which tends to sway my opinion of a card to LIKE!!)

First four cards!
1_E444D139-8161-45F3-AD84-A9505A817ECC.jpeg

Used:
Book cutouts as focal points
Grids & mesh as stencil & stamps
Die cut wallpaper
Music sheets

They look lovely, Amysi!

I had a HUGE number of envies the last few days, mostly for this swap. I have cards from:
ohhappyday
BluSkyHare
ThouArtDelyrias
kehlenn
mrubyjean
nanvan
CastleQueen5
heymaggie

I never received patisscrappin's address, so I'm going to take over her envelope and participate :eek: or try...

Glad to know my cards got there! Since T2T10, (my cards never got there), I am more anxious about the mail.

I had a lot of swap mail within the last few days, so here goes.... I have trashy treasure in from:
CreativeK
Rabbitmar
Wykyd

and a lovely host card from nanvan!

Cards are ready to mail!

Thank you so much for hosting this swap prex79. It has been so much fun to give all these things new life, and I still have a treasure trove of items to use in cards and journal pages.

Here are my first 5 cards and some information about what I used from the art room closet.

For the Hazelnut Fairy, I used a leafy wallpaper sample for the background, a piece of lovely wide ribbon and a beautiful green and gold wallpaper sample for a backdrop for the fairy.

For Beauty in Simplicity I used some tan flocked paper for the background, a piece of an old greeting card as a backdrop for the focal image and a piece of white plastic mesh that I colored with alcohol inks for embellishment.

For Be your beautiful self, I used some torn pieces of a book page colored with gelatos for the background, stamped the focal image in a paint chip sample and bordered it with a fabric sample and some green flocked paper.

For the Pink Dahilia, I diecut the dahlia outline from a book page and paper pieced the petals from the pink flocked paper which I shaded with a little chalk. I also diecut the outline from the pink flocked paper and added that. And for the ground/grass, I used a piece of a carpet sample.

For the Deco Flower, I cut the floral image from a wallpaper sample for the focal point, used some more of the leafy wallpaper sample for a border and diecut some little posies from the pink flocked paper for embellishment.

Last edited:
...And here's the last card

For this one, I used the masonite sample that had fiber wrapped around it and stamped the bird on it. I edged the sample with green paint. Then I diecut a tag from a really cool upholstery sample that had reeds running through it - you'll see that behind the masonite tag. I pulled some of the reeds out, and that's what you see on the bottom of the masonite tag. And finally, i used the fiber that was wrapped around the tag.

Last edited:
Very cool, pithier! I especially like "Beauty in Simplicity" and "Be Your Beautiful Self"!

Back
Top Bottom