Norse Mythology atc swap due October 1st

Mrs.Alderman

nutty for squirrels
Media
Swap Due Date: October 1st
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Players: Unlimited.
Medium: Open Media (HD/HP, collages, mixed media, stitched, etc.NO CHUNKY EMBELLISHMENTS, flat cards only)
(If you prefer collages or hand drawn cards- let me know on a little note with your cards. I will swap fairly and effort for effort to my best abilities)

Theme: Make a card with any Norse Mythology theme, think the Gods and Goddesses, Ragnarok, Yggdrasil, Hati, Skoll, Fenrir, the Norns, Nidgoggr and many more epic sagas.

Do not make Marvel comic characters please. This is for actual Norse Mythology

Cards:
- Cards are required to be the standard ATC side (2.5"x3.5").
- On the back of your cards please put your Atcsforall user name, swap name, and any other information you normally would put on the back of the cards.
-keep cards flat, no chunky embellishments, no gems or anything that will tear the envelope, I've had too much mail come to me damaged from this.
- Do NOT send cards that aren't ones you created yourself.
- A host card isn't required but I'd be super grateful to receive one, and it'll be treasured!

When mailing:
- Private message me for my address when you're ready to mail out your swaps.
- Each card must be put in a plastic protective sleeve. (If you don't have them, I will provide them.)
- Take precautions when mailing your swap cards so that they don't get damaged during transit.
- USA participants: Please include either a 2 ounce stamp (71 cents) or 2 forever stamps to cover your returns.
- International participants:I cant afford to cover return postage but a us dollar or enough from your country to send to the usa or an international stamp will be ok. (the international ones I can use to play in other international swaps so its a fair trade)
- Send a large address label with your return address on it.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENVELOPES. I WILL PROVIDE THEM ALL.

Who wants to play?
0: me
1: Onaki (rec)
2: subconscious_ink (rec) (got returns)
3: Donnacr (rec)
4: Leydab (rec)(got returns)
5: Pancake Machine (rec)(got returns)
6: Ashernanae (rec)(got returns)
7:
8:
9:
10:

Last edited:
Let's start things off with the giant Ymer.

The image is based off the fabulous etching by Gustave Doré

And if you'd sign me up, that'd be great

1_20190816_063908-756x1008.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my last two.

The Hag Gulveig-Hoder in Iarnvid.
Gulveig Hoder is the mother of evil. Her children are in relentless pursuit of the sun and the moon. She lives in Iarnvid, the black forest of iron trees at the edge of the world.
1_20190824_170826-924x657.jpg

Ragnar Lodbrog defeats the serpents
Ragnar Lodbrog goes to the kingdom of King Heroth. The king had a beautiful daughter, Thora, but the kingdom was beset by two giant serpents. Ragnar defeated the serpents by first dipping his woollen attire into a stream. This froze the garments and protected him against the serpent venom. After a protracted battle, Ragnar defeats the serpents by running them through the heart with his spear. King Heroth was amused by the hero's unusual clothing, and nicknamed him "Lodbrog," which means shaggy breeches.

I'll PM you for an address. At one point I had thought about trying to do the world tree, and especially the squirrel Ratatosk, but I couldn't get a proper idea to form.
1_20190824_170858-924x660.jpg

Hey there peeps, I have finished my Norse horse's, I have done the two horses that pull the chariots of Day and Night, Skinfaxi & Hrimfaxi. Also Blóðughófi - freyr's horse, and Gullfaxi - given to Magni by Thor as a reward for lifting off the leg of Hrungnir.

here they are: NorseLedgATCweb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom