August 2019 Pick-A-Theme, due Oct 18, 2019

xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date – October 18, 2019
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players

Welcome to the August 2019 Pick-A-Theme

To Play you must have:
~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions, PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through could receive 5 negative iTraders.

In almost every PAT there have been due date problems so.......... I strongly suggest not waiting until the last week or two before the due date to mail cards in case life or sickness or weather or the postal system or something I did not think of or mention causes problems. None of those situations are fun for me or you so consider getting them made and mailed to me ASAP as failure to have cards to the host by the due date can result in up to 5 negative iTraders.

General Information:

~ This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
~ Send cards you are proud of
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, NO Bulky embellishments (If it stick up very far off the card or you think it is to bulky don't use it.) My last PAT had a breakage of embellishments. Since it was a host card it was not as bad as it would have been had it been another player's card!
~ Once you sign up with a theme you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before October 18, 2019. I know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out some way.

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Generic/RegularGeneric themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. Regular themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage image for example; flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes! Something from a specific artist or person is not a regular theme)

NEW ADDITION SO PLEASE READ..In the past there were some, dare I say, less than good results for a challenging theme or 2 so I steered clear of them for awhile. I have decided to try again for hand drawn/painted and collage. If you ask for an obscure or not obvious theme, please keep in mind I am human and do make mistakes.

~ Challenging –Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are real people, characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members

Please notice there are 2 specific groups [4 and 5] for APCs.

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. (If you don’t protect them some way and I will provide them. I don’t want that to stop anyone from playing.)

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ A Hostess card is not required but always appreciated!

**** I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to cross stitching so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do not use it.

Mailing Information:

USA folks -----

Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage. As for postage I think since there are at least 4 cards it is a good idea to put .70 on the envelope, either a forever stamp and an extra ounce stamp or .70 in stamps. If you want to do it for a forever stamp or .55 you can though, your choice! If you are in 2 groups you really need .70!

INTERNATIONAL folks ----

Please enclose an address label or address printed clearly on a piece of paper. I will supply envelopes to save you a little bit of postage! A dollar bill or US Forever International stamps are appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
.........................The Groups.........................

Your name turns color when I have your cards.

Your name goes bold when you have your new cards.

Group 1 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Generic/Regular Theme
1. sunkissed – Nymphs (no nudity please)
2. BexMadeMe – Red Fox
3. dithespy –Hares
4. Vegan4animals - Matryoshka Dolls (Russian Nesting Dolls)
5. NatahsaMay– A Witch with Her Animal Familiar

Group 2 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Generic/Regular Theme
1. Vegan4animals– Sock Monkeys
2. prex79 – Heron
3. CiCiCreates – A Dancing Fairy
4. karenr – Whimsical Mermaid
5. NatashaMay– Halloween-y Fox

Group 3 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Challenging Theme
1. sunkissed – Mixed-up Fairy Tales or Nursery Rhymes (at least two recognizable fairy tales showing)
2. BexMadeMe – a Character from “The Walking Dead” TV Show
3. WooperA Character from Good Omens (tv series or book)
4. missThe TV Show Lucifer
5. Ancient Planter – Haunted House Interior

Group 4 - APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Theme
1. suzi – Cacti and or Succulents (cards)
2. smallgirl– Sea Animals beginning with the letter “A” (examples) (cards)
3.Karr3ll – Circus (cards)
4. JudyLee– A Cow Jumping Over the Moon (cards)
5. dithespy – Steampunk (cards)

Group 5 - APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Theme
1. suzi –Cats (cards)
2. Karr3ll – Postage Stamp (cards)
3. JudyLee–Sun and Text (cards)
4. prex79 – Steampunk Animals – (any card)
5. Pikkis – Harry Potter (anything related to the books and/or movies) (cards)

Group 6 - Collage ~ Generic/Regular Theme
1. ferretgirl – Tarzan
2. AngelJoy – Angel(s)
3. LucyMc – Spooky
4. katelnorth – Mermaids
5. Vegan4animals – Wonder Woman

Group 7 - Any Media (HD/HP/Collage/Digital/Photo/Fabric) ~Generic/Regular Theme
1. AngelJoy – Butterfly (one or more)
2. ThouArtDelyrias – Minions
3. AnitaMac – Lighthouse(s)
4. AllegraeThe TV Show Grantchester
5. missThe TV Show X Company

Group 8- APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Theme
1. catladybj – Mushrooms (cards)
2. ThouArtDelyrias – Purple Butterfly (ies) (cards)
3. Allegrae – A Visit to Morocco (any card)
4. smallgirl – Vintage Seaside/Nautical (please no mermaids or pirates) (cards)
5. LucyMc – Owls (cards)

Last edited:
Group 4 Circus - P1-6hearts, P2-6diamonds, P4-7hearts, P5-7diamonds
& Group 5 Postage Stamp - P1-Qhearts, P3-Qspades, P4-Qdiamonds, P5-Qclubs

Last edited:
Man! Working my way up to have enough points to join one of these slowly but surely! Wish I could join group 3, but for now I just hope to see the cards that get made within that group (post pictures please!).

I'm lurking but can see I don't have much time to make my mind up. Groups are filling fast. I prefer the any medias though and they seem to fill the slowest.

I'd like to join group 2 and group 5.
For group 2, I'd like my theme to be heron.
For group 5, steampunk animal (I'll be back with the cards I need later)

May I have a spot in APC-group 5, please :)! My theme is Harry Potter; anything related to the books and/or movies and the suits and numbers are P1- 2 of hearts, P2 - 2 of spades, P3 - 2 of diamonds, P4 - 2 of clubs.

Last edited:
I would like group 1 - theme matryoshka dolls
And group 2 - theme sock monkeys

Thanks!

I sent you a pm but after I looked it up I think it is ok as a generic theme since it is also known as a Russian Nesting doll.

Please provide me a the link you want the other to look at for an idea. thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom