Black and White (and RED allover) Animals, Due OCT 18th, 2019

Media
Swap DUE date: OCT 18th, 2019
Number of participants: 27
Cards 3:3 or 5:5
Media: Open Media

Theme: black and white animals with some red on the card somewhere, Not all over, just a little will do. I like the joke what is black and white and red all over? A zebra/penguin with a sunburn. haha

Animals that come to mind, Zebras, penguins, pandas, orcas, skunks, some monkeys, some birds (magpies, woodpeckers), some dogs (Dalmatians), Holstein cows,some cats, some butterflies, some fish. , white tiger, snow leopard *insert your animal idea here. Animals need to be black and white, naturally. Not just animals we are creating in black and white mediums. Realistic or Whimsical themes are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by miss
lurking with intent...

Question-- I get that you want animals that are naturally black and white, but can we make part of them red even if that would be unnatural? (i.e. if I made a sheep herd card like this one- http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=513293 -could I make a red sheep in the herd?) Or should the red be confined to the background or naturally occurring redness? Also are red accessories on animals acceptable or are we going for strict realism?

ANSWER
That is what I was kinda of thinking and expecting. a red heart, a red crown, a red flower a red bow, etc.
I was not thinking too realistic, at all.

*****Please skip spiders and snakes, as "that is not what it takes to love me"... sing along. I personally have no fear, but don't want to scare other players, who have true phobias of spiders and snakes.

Open media, Zentangles, collage, hand drawn, mixed media, and even photography. I will do my best to trade media for media and style for style, animal for animal.

ABOUT THE CARDS

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base.
* All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves or a 3 by 3 card protector.
* All cards must be original works not reprints or copies.
* Each card does not need to be different, but can be if you choose that route. You can make 3 or 5 the same if you want, no one will shame you. You can do different animals or all the same animals.
* The back of your card needs your name, and AFA user name, Please add the swap name to the back as well. You an abbreviate the swap name BLACK, WHITE RED animals, add the year, 2019.
*Stickers are allowed as a small embellishment only. Please don’t make it your main focus.

Mailing info USA:

***When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address, but I have not moved in 16 years.

Please send a SASE envelope, or a label and minimum, 70 cents to get these home to you. If I provide the return envelope, I am using window envelopes, that my husband bought for business and no longer needs. These are not recycled business reply envelopes from other companies. If you are not comfortable with my type of return envelopes, please feel free to provide your SASE.

I plan to mail all USA envelopes as Non Machinable. This will cost you 15 cents. Worth every penny. Despite the extra effort sometimes these do get sent through a machine. But still worth the 15 cents and my time in line.

Mailing info International.

3 cards should cost you $1.15 to get 3 or 5 cards to you. I will work to send you lighter cards. Send me USA global stamps or $1 USA.

Returns
* When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

There is no penalty for withdrawal, and no withdrawal date, but please communicate, no cards, no communication may result in neutral itrader from me the host. I will swap right away, so please mail in time to arrive by the due date.

Players
0. Castlequeen5
1. R Suzi
2. R Karr3ll cards in gallery
3. R Donnacr cards in gallery
4. R Catladybj
5. R aginghippychic. cards
6. R Cicicreates
7. R VickiZ cards in gallery
8. RDithespy. Cards
9. 3moffday2 cards
10.R Blonda
11. R Hem18
12. R willowh cards in gallery
13. R TrinaLD

Last edited:
lurking with intent...

Question-- I get that you want animals that are naturally black and white, but can we make part of them red even if that would be unnatural? (i.e. if I made a sheep herd card like this one- http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=513293 -could I make a red sheep in the herd?) Or should the red be confined to the background or naturally occurring redness? Also are red accessories on animals acceptable or are we going for strict realism?

lurking with intent...

Question-- I get that you want animals that are naturally black and white, but can we make part of them red even if that would be unnatural? (i.e. if I made a sheep herd card like this one- http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=513293 -could I make a red sheep in the herd?) Or should the red be confined to the background or naturally occurring redness? Also are red accessories on animals acceptable or are we going for strict realism?

That is what I was kinda of thinking and expecting. a red heart, a red crown, a red flower a red bow, etc.
I was not thinking too realistic, at all.

I really appreciate your list of black and white animals, it is helpful when trying to figure images for the cards. Here are some others. Holstein cows, Dalmatians, magpies....still thinking of more....

Oooh....woodpeckers! They already have a little red on their heads!

CastleQueen,
You said you plan to mail all USA envelopes as Non Machinable. This will cost you 15 cents. Worth every penny. Despite the extra effort sometimes these do get sent through a machine. But still worth the 15 cents and my time in line.

How do you do that?
My post office charges 21 cents for Non Machinable.

FAB theme.
Although all my black and white and red all over childhkood jokes had to do with Nuns.
Sister Mary
Quite contrary
But the best Disi-pli-nary
WATCH OUT FOR HER RULER

Did I ask you to sign me up, please.

I really appreciate your list of black and white animals, it is helpful when trying to figure images for the cards. Here are some others. Holstein cows, Dalmatians, magpies....still thinking of more....

Thank you so much, I knew there was more, I am going to add them to the list, Super helpful. I just made a Dalmatian for the animals with borders, and cant believe I forgot that one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom