Addicted to ATCs
Media
Swap Due Date: October 25, 2019
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 25, 2019
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome
Ghosts Among Us, Due October 25, 2019

As days get shorter and night comes sooner, shadows appear earlier and are more noticeable. We may think of Helpers, Guardians, Protectors, or dearly departed relatives, that we may "see" or only "feel", but who may often council us, protect us, or in general, help us.

Do you believe in ghosts?
Have you ever seen a ghost, heard or felt a ghost, been helped by one, been frightened by one?

My Maternal Grandmother is my Guardian Ghost, and I cannot tell you how may times she has helped me, as well as created a Miracle on my behalf. I see her passing through the kitchen. I smell her backing Banana nut loaf or date bread. I smell her distinctive "White Roses" cologne when she comes to help, or when she is just "passing through". I am comforted by her presence and her continued interest and care.
I have been told by others that they can smell their late father's aftershave, so we can "smell" ghosts as well as sense them and see them.

Ghosts may be tied to a physical object or to a particular location.
Ghosts may arrive with one of their personal possessions or with a piece of furniture (of theirs) you may have acquired.
You may be surprised to know that even a "New" House can harbor "Old Spirits" if built on the footprint of an "Old Site". An "Old" House may still house the earlier inhabitants - living as ghosts, even if the "Old" house has been removed or destroyed. Have you seen the 1935 movie "The Ghost Goes West", a comedy in which a Scottish castle and its ghost are moved to Florida, a perfect example of ghosts tied to a location.

Ghosts can often be seen or sensed by pets, and some young children, even when their owner is unaware of their presence.
Spirits often gather around the hospital bed of a dying person, perhaps to guide them beyond death's door.
Spirits may remain on this plane, rather than moving on, particularly if they have unfinished business, or if they died violently or unexpectedly.

Ghosts may be naughty children, for children are the most numerous of all ghost sightings.
.....It is theorized that perhaps they do not know they are dead, and continue to "live" and play
They may be playful pirates, or serious battle hardened soldiers, who died in battle, or died violently
They may be screaming Banshees, who, according to Scottish tradition, can foretell an impending death

Call them spirits, or call them ghosts, be they helpful, frightening, quiet
Whatever form spirits or ghosts arrive in, 1 in 3 Americans believe in them. Do you?

MIRRORS
In the 19th Century, Victorian funeral customs demanded that mirrors be covered with crepe or veiling to prevent the deceased spirit from getting trapped in the mirror and becoming a resident ghost in that house, consequently not being able to move on to the afterlife.
It is said that viewing a mirror by candlelight will not only show you your own reflection, but will also show you all the ghosts (and any other entities) that inhabit the place where the mirror is hung.
Sometimes family photos would be placed face down to avoid the ghost of the dead possessing the living.

OUIJA BOARD, SEANCES
It is thought that ghosts and spirits may be summoned and/or communicated with through the Ouija board or during a Seance. Create ATCs of Ouija boards or Seances in session.

AUTOMATIC WRITING
Sometimes when a loved one passes on, they may have information they want to/need to share with those left behind.
They may wish to grant assistance in finding lost or misplaced objects.
For those who cannot, or don't wish to, SEE ghosts, many people have had good results with "Automatic Writing", also called "The Moving Hand".
One takes in hand a writing instrument, poises the pen over blank paper, asks a question, clears their mind, closes their eyes, and lets their hand do the work.
One doesn't have to believe in ghosts, or see anything spooky, one just needs to be seeking an answer.
Of course, if the (correct) answer shows up in (dead) Mom's distinctive handwriting, it can be very spooky.

SHE STILL WATCHES
Do you smell her lilac cologne on a cool fall day when all the lilacs have stopped blooming? Do you see her in the morning mist, doing those things she used to do to please you, perhaps making you breakfast? Do you feel her presence at momentous events? Does she comfort you when you need her most? Can you sense she is with you?
You should know, she loves you still.
(This also applies to men, and the smell of Dad's aftershave.)

CLOTHING
Ghosts, when seen, are often wearing the same clothes worn then last alive.
This means they may be wearing the clothing of the time period in which they lived and died, which may be much different from today’s clothing. Or they may be wearing the same clothes worn the last time you saw him/her.

ACTUAL PHOTOGRAPHS OF GHOSTS
Photographs have been taken of ghosts, looking like a double exposure with the outlines of trees and buildings fully visible through the body of the apparition. Make a card depicting this, use a real photograph if you have one.

Urban Legends
Some ghosts are seen so often they have become Urban Legends.
There is the Phantom Hitchhiker, known as Lydia, the White Lady, found on Lydia's Bridge.
There is the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow stories.
There is Anne Boleyn, the be-headed wife of King Henry VIII of Tudor Legend and who still walks the Tower of London with "her head tucked underneath her arm" as described in the song by the Kingston Trio.

Try to explore other aspects of ghosts rather than just the "standard" Halloween ghost.
Make ATCs that depict ghosts in their many forms and appearances.
Helpful ghosts, Nasty ghosts, guardian ghosts, poltergeists......
Do NOT make cards about movie ghosts, but if you want to get into the "spirit" of ghosts, here are some interesting movies to watch:
“Ghost” with Patrick Swayze; or the 1937 movie “Topper”, or follow the TV series of the same name; or watch “High Spirits”, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" or "Blithe Spirit" with Rex Harrison, which has a very surprising ending. Or watch "The Spirit of Christmas", which is one of my favorites!

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! I do ask that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

*Please sign up by posting to this thread.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard atc size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything! We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box. Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 15 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 25, 2019. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early, or on time.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants Listed in following post.
Apparently I have already used up all the space I have been allotted in this post :0(
Please see Post #2 for List

Last edited:
Current Participants
Among Us, Due October 25, 2019

*1. Spotted Crow - Cards Received 9/12
*2. Ancient Planter - Cards Received 9/06
*3. karr311 - Cards Received 8/16
*4. Donnacr- - Cards Received 10/26
*/. catladybj - NO CARDS, NO COMMUNICATION
5. kathleenlovesflorida - - Cards Received 10/26
*6. hem18 - Cards Received 9/06
*/. Fierce Armadillo - - WITHDREW
*//. Lady Door - - WITHDREW
*7. Silky1150 - - Cards Received 9/25
*8. leydab - - Cards Received 10/02
*9. Boots - Cards Received 9/13
10. JenUrebel - Cards Received 10/11
11. Thorn - - Cards Received 10/26
*12. miss- - Cards Received 10/26
*13. Vicki Z - Cards Received 9/13

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Do you believe in ghosts?
Do you have any ghost stores to share?
Many of us do, and both friendly, helpful, ghost stores, or spooky, chilling ghost stories are interesting.

Do you think the ghosts become more active around Halloween?
Mine are already starting to get active! Of course, we've had Fall weather the last 3 days that has everyone thinking it is already October.

Last edited:
I was just putting some images aside, in hopes that you were going to offer this swap again :)
Another one of my favorites !

I do believe in Ghost ! There was one in our old apartment building. Only 4 units and 3 of us were good friends. we think it wandered the entire building. and it did not like having the bedroom doors closed. You would come home and have the doors opened when you know you closed them. Or I would be downstairs in friends apartment and you would hear walking in mine. go up to see and nobody was there ..

Any way .. Please sign me up :)

Ill lark at the moment to see if I could get any cards done...but I have TONS of stories to tell...

Welcome Spotted Crow and Ancient Planter
Happy to have you back again another year.
I signed you up.

Lurkers welcome Wolf_Moon.
Hope you can join us.
Feel free to share stories, even if you cannot get any cards done.

Last edited:
I’m a believer!
Please sign me up... just finished my cards they are in my Gallery
I went through old photos I have for swaps, and found several that have the “light” in the pictures... I once heard that those are ghosts (?) My cards are going out in mail today

Welcome Karr311.
I signed you up.
The cards in your gallery are perfect.

I have also heard that lights in pictures are ghosts.
LOVE your cards.

I’m a believer!
Please sign me up... just finished my cards they are in my Gallery
I went through old photos I have for swaps, and found several that have the “light” in the pictures... I once heard that those are ghosts (?) My cards are going out in mail today

Your cards are FANTASTIC, Karr3ll!! What a terrific idea. Where did you get the photos?

Those are very cool pictures Karr3ll!

anytime I see old family photos like that I am always looking to see if there is a orb somewhere or a shadow ..

Hi all, I collect all kinds of strange things, and I have a huge collection of black and white photos, so I went thru my albums looking for some with “the light” which my dad always said was ghosts in the photos :) when I read the swap, it’s what I instantly thought of, thank you for letting me know they are liked!
I buy black and white photos at Estate sales and such... giving them a new life in art.

SPOOK-TACTULAR!!!!!! :jiggy:
I signed you up.
Always happy to have you in my swaps.

Can't wait to see how you get your ghosts to appear/disappear. :twitcy: :eek:

Ok...story time! However, please after reading this don't get upset with me, but this was one of my many spiritual happenings...

I was in my teens at this time and I was also one of the most hated kids in school sadly. I was a target of consent torture. I was tortured from elementary to high school, and I couldn't take it any more. I wanted to end it...I took the most sharpest knife my mom had....and I think y'all have the point, but as I got to the point of actually doing it, I had a pair of male hands place themselves over both my wrists...now for the skeptics...I was in a room by myself with the door locked and based on the position of the hands this person was in front of me so I couldn't be grabbing my own wrists, and I wasn't going to be dropping the knife any time sooner at that point. So...yeah! It wasn't me! Plus the individual actually took the knife out of my hand and I saw it drop a good way from me...I was watching this in astonishment with a tear soaked face.

Last edited:
What an incredible story, Wof_Moon.
Thank you for sharing.

And thanks to the ghost, or guardian angel, who saved you.
We are happy you are still with us.

Back
Top Bottom