Ghosts Among Us, Due October 25, 2019

I worked for 6 years in a ghost-filled haunted house, before the owners sold and moved.
I checked recently, and, according to the new owners, the house is still haunted.

While I worked there, I was always talking to somebody, people, cats, ghosts, corporeal. There were friendly folks, and the depressed dead, and they were all very interesting.
Folks thought me a tad odd, right up until they had their first ghostly encounter!!!

Last edited:
Ghosties

Promise- paper doll, magazine image, sticky text, stabillo all pencil
Fascination- magazine images, packing tape transfer, sticky text, foil web, glitter pen

rainy grey day today. I am sure the spirits are wandering around ;)

More AWESOME cards, SpottedCrow!
Promise is fascinating, and is open to so many interpretations.....
Strange Fascination gets more interesting every time I look at it again.
Can't wait to see them IRL.

Last edited:
Welcome Fierce Armadillo.
It might have been my swap.
I ran this theme in 2016.....

I signed you up.

Last edited:
Just finished my set! To explain....I was told by a friend who is Hawaiian/Samoan that when you see a moth it means an ancestor is near - So I used moths in each image. Also, the 2 with pictures are my grandmother, and great-grandmother. My great-grandmother lost 2 sons (one at 3 months, and one at 2 years) she always carried that sadness around with her. I painted 2 spirits with acrylic in black and white, and then placed her photo printed on vellum over them. The other of my grandmother represents her love of beautiful things, she collected dolls and had thousands of them. She was a beauty herself:) ... I do feel our ancestors surround us and help us. Thanks for such a great swap - it really made me think!
20190830_151714 web.jpg

Just finished my set! To explain....I was told by a friend who is Hawaiian/Samoan that when you see a moth it means an ancestor is near - So I used moths in each image. Also, the 2 with pictures are my grandmother, and great-grandmother. My great-grandmother lost 2 sons (one at 3 months, and one at 2 years) she always carried that sadness around with her. I painted 2 spirits with acrylic in black and white, and then placed her photo printed on vellum over them. The other of my grandmother represents her love of beautiful things, she collected dolls and had thousands of them. She was a beauty herself:) ... I do feel our ancestors surround us and help us. Thanks for such a great swap - it really made me think!
View attachment 209471

FAB cards.
What a great idea to use a moth in each card.
Can't wait to see them in person.

Back
Top Bottom