Pink ribbon celebration Due date: Oct 30

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: October 30
postage date for non-Australians: Oct 9
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 3 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere in the world - I suggest you do the same.
cards: 3 for 3, or 6 for 6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all

October is Pink Ribbon month in Australia - publicising all things Breast Cancer (celebrating survivors, raising awareness of prevention methods and fundraising for Breast Cancer research). I am one of those survivors - both in 2010 and again in 2017 and I know that there are quite a few other survivors on this site.

Let's celebrate the women, and men, who we know have survived, and remember those who didn't, by making cards with the Pink Ribbon symbol associated with this cancer.

Feel free to make the ribbon the focus of your card but give it an interesting background, not just plain white (you can Google for any number of images of this ribbon). Or you can include the ribbon as part of a word, saying or image (see some samples in the thumbnails but there are many others available on Google).

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by October 30. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to 3 weeks to reach me so your returns may take up to 3 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players - please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players - a well hidden US$1 bill.
if this is a problem for you please contact me and we will work something out

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will provide envelopes. Please do not send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can. This does not mean that you get the same media back, unless you specifically ask.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points) ANDon the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps at the moment and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. Karr3ll - returned
2. Mushu - arrived
3. CastleQueen5 - returned
4. pouringdiva - arrived
5. seascape131 - returned
6. cinlan - returned
7. 3moffday2 - arrived

Last edited:
catladybj - tasteful treatment is acceptable but don't forget that the pink ribbon needs to be on each of your cards somewhere

My cards are in My Gallery... I thought the black and white pics of women smiling (seemed like a survivors happiness, to me) and I really wanted the main color on my cards to be PINK :)
I hope they encourage others to join this wonderful swap idea.

Your cards are perfect! Love that they have the pink ribbon symbol AND a gauzy pink ribbon of their own.

There is a lot of happiness as a survivor - both my daughters have married wonderful men and, between them, I now have 3 beautiful grandchildren. My son has met a lovely girl and is looking for a house for them to settle down. I would have missed ALL of this if I had succumbed to my first bout of cancer.
I still have the cards and gifts that friends on this site (some of whom I did not know till then) sent to me - they really helped keep the hope and joy alive.

My cards are in My Gallery... I thought the black and white pics of women smiling (seemed like a survivors happiness, to me) and I really wanted the main color on my cards to be PINK :)
I hope they encourage others to join this wonderful swap idea.

I love your cards!!! Very inspiring!~. Good idea to use the black and white photos.

SIGN ME UP!!

Karr3ll - your amazing cards have arrived.

I am currently working on some samples to put in the Gallery to, hopefully, inspire others to join. If not, we are a small, select group.

Seascape131 - welcome to the swap (and I have sent you my address)

As CastleQueen5 says - I have made some samples for this swap. Too many actually, so I would like to give one to each of the participants in this swap as a thank you for playing with me.

Here are the first few - I loved the saying on the 'cancer cannot. . .' card

Back
Top Bottom