Black versus white Due: November 6

Well, I couldn't stop once I got started, so hopefully I AM on the right track! :D

View attachment 209320

If they are acceptable for this swap, I will be sending them out in tomorrow's mail.

I am trying 'expanding the square' and black vs white (yes, all at once). I am probably making it too hard. :wacko: Off to try it again...

welcome ThouArtDelyrias (I hope this is more fun than art class ;))

Lorna - remember the KISS principle (Keep It Simple S....) - have fun with these cards. If you come up with a variation that you like I would love to see it

AngelJoy - those are all very acceptable (LOVE the first one!!) I haven't moved since March when we last traded but do you need my address?

Mushu - those are stunning!! I love the touch of blacker black on the leaves in the 2nd one. I challenge you to try a white spill on black card for your base, like my last sample.

EVERYONE​ - Don't forget to tell me your choice of which of my samples you would like to receive as Host gift.

I am currently waiting on some good black paper coming in the mail. I don't want to use the low cost black paper that fades out in the light. I am also going to experiment with using black gesso on white paper and then dumping some white acrylic paint on top. I will share some pics of my progress.

Mushu - that sounds really interesting. I would love to see pics of your progress. Alas, I only have white gesso but I could play with that on black card - great idea, thanks!

I have 3 cards - not sure if they are OK for the swap. They are white index cards, black marker added as needed. I have 2 that expand the square. Works in progress..
The first has a black square a little larger than the starter square. I may add to the card.
In the second, (small error in expanding the square - glued some down wrong) half the card is black then the pieces the white are colored.
For the third, I started making a wide black curve on white. Then I cut random curves and colored them if they landed on white.

1_BvW0.jpg
1_BvW2.jpg
1_BvW3.jpg

Attachments

• BvW1.jpg
    BvW1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 16
  • BvW3.jpg
    BvW3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
  • BvW2.jpg
    BvW2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Lorna - the 2nd and 3rd cards are perfect for this swap. You can see that there are patches of black that have white added to them and patches of white that have had black added to them.
Even though I love the 1st card it appears to be black added to white only. Please don't be discouraged - I absolutely adore your 3rd card and hope you make more along those lines.

Please sign me up! There is enough time (even accounting for mailing) to have these done. Once I found a system, they are fun to produce.
I fooled you on the first one. You will get to see it eventually. I have other ideas to try out too.

welcome Lorna - I am so glad that you have found a system that works for you (I can't wait to see how you have fooled me with your 1st card.
welcome Blonda - it really IS fun! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the thread or send me a PM

MrsMixedMedia - enjoy your research, meanwhile you are welcome to rest on the very comfortable lurkers' couch. I hope you will join us.

Here are a couple of my starter cards - the first has torn pieces of black card stuck to a white card base, the 2nd literally is black ink spilt on watercolour paper.

Those people who are new to the swap - don't forget to choose one of my cards (in posts #1 and #12) as my thank you for playing.

I'd like to hang around looking at the eye candy for now but I'd like to commit once I've really got the theme.

Please add me.

i used to quilt when my eyes worked better. either my mother or a friend would finish them...do the binding and sewing the edges. I liked the piecing and or embroidery. I even liked quilting, but just not finishing them up. I made a lot of baby quilts and then I got into wall hangings. you didn't have to have a tidy back.

Back
Top Bottom