Black versus white Due: November 6

Lorna - thanks for your tips.

I found that I had to have the background done first, with clear black and white areas. I then sat down with my black fineliners and my white gel pen and started randomly adding shapes.

For more inspiration check out the link in post #1 for the Zentangle Project Pack #6 which inspired this swap.

So far I have made one fantastic embossed card, many, many screw-ups and two with cut-outs. I have two I can use for the swap.
part of my problem is not having all the right materials. I can use distress inks for the embossing but sometimes it doesn't hold the embossing powder. If I had white ink , I could just stamp on shapes.

I have spent a lot of time working on this.

NancyL - do you have clear embossing powder? Could you try doing embossing resist on white card - it gives the same result as stamping in white ink ie a white stamped image? then use black ink or marker around that?

This looks very interesting. I'm going to lurk while I play around to see if I can create something worthy of the swap. :)

welcome cinlan. You do know that you have the choice to send in 6:6 if you like, a few other people are. Your cards are great!
Which of the flower cards do you want - white at the top or the bottom?

HHC - welcome to our very comfortable lurkers' couch. I hope you don't stay there too long before you decide to join us.

Last edited:
welcome cinlan. You do know that you have the choice to send in 6:6 if you like, a few other people are. Your cards are great!
Which of the flower cards do you want - white at the top or the bottom.

It doesn't matter, I like them both but if I have to pick I would pick the white at the top.

NancyL - I will tell you when they arrive

Lorna​ - your cards have arrived

For everyone who has not mailed yet - don't forget that I live in AUSTRALIA so your cards need to be in the mail by the middle of October. I have suggested by the 16th in the opening post.

Last edited:
PLEASE be very careful that your cards are black VERSUS white (think positive/negative) not simply black and white!

Look at the Zentangle inspiration linked in the first post, look at my examples in posts #1 and #12 and those that I have praised in the thread.

If in doubt - show your cards in the thread and I will confirm that they meet requirements.

I am getting some amazing cards sent to me, following the theme, but I have also had to send some back to their makers as they were only lovely black and white cards. I hate to do this so please check before mailing.

It is looking like I am not going to get these done in time for international mailing time :swoon: Am spending the week moving my craft room to a different room as my vacation. This means that I am not able to do any art, thus, I must regretfully withdraw. Soo sorry!

ThouArtDelyrias - thanks for telling me, you will be missed. :( enjoy finding all manner of 'new' things as you move your craft room

if you have a sudden burst of inspiration (sitting in the middle of the moving mess) you are always welcome to rejoin us fingers crossed

Betsyg​ - your 2 leaf cards are perfect! The heart card is only black AND white, not positive and negative but don't worry I can keep it as my Host card (I like it!) I have sent my address.

I love seeing how others are meeting this challenge. that is one of the reasons I made 6 cards.

Back
Top Bottom