Media
Swap Due Date: October 31, 2019
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 31, 2019
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome

What's Through The Window, Due October 31, 2019

RETURNS MAILED 11/01

This Window Swap will be a very open-ended This is a swap that involves "Looking through a Window" to see whatever is on the other side of the window during the "Fall/Autumn" season. There are the refreshing autumn days and evenings....... from the changing colors of fall, to the different flowers and plants of fall, to the splendid autumn skies. Don't forget the golden colored Harvest Moon, and the pumpkins and gourds decorating the front porch, soon to be Jack-O-Lanterns! There are scarecrows and Indian corn; plus baskets of freshly picked apples, soon to be transformed into cider, muffins and apple pandowdy. The wonderful aroma of cinnamon, oranges and cloves. Candles flickering in the windows..... the wind gently blowing through the leaves, indoor entertaining, fall decor.
There is so much to enjoy throughout the Autumn Season!!!

Think Halloween, Samhein, Fall, Autumn. How about raking leaves, harvesting apples or pumpkins, and baking fruit pies. There is also Thanksgiving with family and friends, zucchini bread, pickle making, tomato canning, mince meat pies, and carving Jack-O-Lanterns.

Change the kind of window...Big windows or little windows; square, round, or oval windows; hand drawn or painted windows; Or experiment with the many size and shapes of Die cut windows.
Draw plain windows, or use Diamond Glaze, or vellum, or acetate to make your window look more like a window. Add curtains....paper or fabric.
Windows can be realistic, stylized or whimsical. They can show the fall seasons, people entertaining, indoor or outdoor Fall/Halloween scenes.
Windows do not have to be windows from people’s houses, or shops, or barns. They can be an airplane window, a bird’s eye view from a birdhouse window, or a Halloween scene inside a window viewed from outside – all are fine.
*****Just make sure there is some kind of window in your card design, with a view of a scene on the other side of the window.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! I do ask that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

*Please sign up by posting to this thread.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve. This is for their protection!
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything! We can't give You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box. Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 21 cent stamp if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 31, 2019. Returns will be mailed promptly.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Participants for What's Through The Window
Due October 31, 2019

*1. Ancient Planter -- Cards Received 9/21
*2. Allegrae -- Cards Received
*/. ThouArtDelyrias - WITHDREW
*3. StitchinWitch - Cards Received 10/25
*4. aginghippychic - Cards Received 10/15
*/. Bea - WITHDREW
5. jheuser - Cards Received 10/15
*6. Vicki Z - Cards Received 10/13
*7. Boots - Cards Received 10/13
*//. Bishopsmate - WITHDREW * ENGLAND

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Count me in! It's still above 100 degrees f. and ready to moan and groan for some autumn! We never get change of colors until January, which is why I love all things autumn!

Welcome ThouArtDelyrias.
I signed you up.

I also sent some cool air your way.
I was 50 degrees here overnight.

After several days of POURING rain (1 inch in one hour) it is warm, sunny, dry, bluebird weather.
So today we had brunch, and lunch, outside in the gazebo under the trees.
Looking out the windows, there was soooooo much to see.
Since we are getting close to Labor Day, all the local pilots are test-flying their planes prior to socializing, giving rides, and bragging, this weekend.
We saw a skymaster, a skyhawk, an 1930's biwing, a Chinook carrier, two different helicopters, and a "regular" airplane.
GOOD DAY for watching through the window!!!!!

Welcome aginghippychic and Bea.
I signed you up.

Vicki I just cannot resist your swaps, count me in!
Edit: Question on cards that "moove" as I've seen you call it. Is it alright if I try to incorporate some moving parts? :)

Bea,
Incorporating moving parts into your cards would be AWESOME!!!
I LOVE cards that flip, slide, spin, twist, or move in any way.
I have numerous cards that move in my gallery if you want to take a look.

Cool that the owl is bigger than the cat, so is the cat watching the bird, or is the owl watching the cat?
FAB punkin patch -- You do such wonderful watercolors.
Oh, YES!!!! We did Halloween Caroling, too. We often got invited in for cake and ice cream (in addition to candy in our bags).....A most profitable endeavor.
We even made up our own spooktactular Halloween songs.
Now I will have to see if I can find/remember any of them.

I also remember that the "Peanuts" comic strip ran an assortment of Halloween songs..
One simple, early song was sung to the tune of "Santa Claus is coming to town":

Oh, you better not shriek;
You better not groan;
You better not howl;
You better not moan;
The Great Pumpkin's coming to town!

Last edited:
We never got invited in, but we had fun and entertained folks, and isn't that one of the points of Halloween (besides CANDY!)? We learned a bunch of "pumpkin carols" in music class in 6th grade, as I recall. I can't remember any of them now, except that they were sung to the tunes of Christmas carols. I also remember we went to my 7th grade math teacher's house and she was so thrilled with our songs that she made her husband come to the door and we had to sing for him, too. I'm sure she gave us lots of candy. Besides, it was 7th grade so we were older. Singing 'pumpkin carols' let us extend our annual candy grab by a couple of years :D

Back
Top Bottom