What's Through The Window, Due October 31, 2019

I ordered some window frame dies to try out for this swap. And I’m thinking some black cats may find their way to the window sill...

We never got invited in, but we had fun and entertained folks, and isn't that one of the points of Halloween (besides CANDY!)? We learned a bunch of "pumpkin carols" in music class in 6th grade, as I recall. I can't remember any of them now, except that they were sung to the tunes of Christmas carols. I also remember we went to my 7th grade math teacher's house and she was so thrilled with our songs that she made her husband come to the door and we had to sing for him, too. I'm sure she gave us lots of candy. Besides, it was 7th grade so we were older. Singing 'pumpkin carols' let us extend our annual candy grab by a couple of years :D

I have discovered the Halloween Songs are called "Peanuts Pumpkin Carols", and they are cleverly penned Halloween songs set to the tune of traditional Christmas carols.

So “Deck the Halls” becomes “Deck the Patch”, “Silver Bells” becomes “Pumpkin Bells”, “The 12 Days of Christmas” becomes “The 12 Days of Halloween” and so on.
Now all I have to do is find the words.
The first TWO sites that claim to have the Peanut Pumpkin Carols, AND the words, are not working. :0(
But the third site does have some of the songs I remember, so hereis the link:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/579717/pumpkin-carols-spruce-sincerity-your-halloween-pum

I never realized our Pumpkin Carols were from Peanuts! Makes sense, tho' - we would have learned them about 1972. Now I'm going to have to search them out, too!

I have discovered the Halloween Songs are called "Peanuts Pumpkin Carols", and they are cleverly penned Halloween songs set to the tune of traditional Christmas carols.

So “Deck the Halls” becomes “Deck the Patch”, “Silver Bells” becomes “Pumpkin Bells”, “The 12 Days of Christmas” becomes “The 12 Days of Halloween” and so on.
Now all I have to do is find the words.
The first TWO sites that claim to have the Peanut Pumpkin Carols, AND the words, are not working. :0(
But the third site does have some of the songs I remember, so hereis the link:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/579717/pumpkin-carols-spruce-sincerity-your-halloween-pum

Those Pumpkin Carols at that site are great, Vicki! Now I'm thinking of making a little booklet of them to hand out on Halloween to the kiddies, along with the candy. :twitcy:

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
If your Muse is with you on this auspicious day, try to create some window magic.
Leaves are changing colors. Fall flowers are in bloom. Pumpkins are ripening.
LOTS of themes to pick from.

The full moon (from last Friday) is still big and bright and was shining through my window today....yes. the moon was out during the day, It is this time of year!

This morning it was foggy, and the sky was YELLOW through the bedroom window.
I looked like someone dumped some yellow watercolor over the horizon.
I wish I had my camera. I guess I should start sleeping with it on my nightstand.
This was so unique.

First cards have been received.
Thank you Ancient Planter for getting us started.
Thanks also for including a hostie card.

FAB Northern Lights are predicted for night skies next week.
I picked up some film today.
I will try to get some photographs!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom