ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date: 30 OCT
Sign-up/Withdraw Date: No sign-up.
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: HD/HP
It’s a Grimm Tale – Illustrated Brothers Grimm

The Brothers Grimm the collectors and publishers of some of the most well-known folk tales that still resonate today. Their tales are a primary source of entertainment – just look to the movies and television! Over the years, their tales have been watered down and turned into entertaining, hopeful and promising stories. This swap is NOT that kind of swap! This swap is an appreciation for the original, dark, disturbing and grim *pun-intended* tales.
For this swap, take your inspiration from the original tales – Disney and TV shows need not apply. Illustrate a scene or character from your favorite tale, or choose one of the lesser known stories. If you’re not familiar with the Grimm’s tales, this link here has a collection of their stories.

DOs and DON’Ts:
~DON’T illustrate a Disneyfied tale – take your inspiration from the original story.
~DO have fun and let your imagination go wild and creativity fly!
~DO your best work. Send cards that were made with thought and care; something you would be thrilled to receive.

CARD GUIDELINES
~Cards must be 2.5x3.5 inches, sturdy and neatly cut. I will return cards that are misshapen, lopsided or more than 1/4th of an inch off.
~Cards must be in a thin protective plastic sleeve.
~At a minimum, please include your User Name and a title on the back of the card. You may add more info if you wish (location, date made, website, etc…)

MAILING GUIDELINES
~PM me when you are ready to send. Your name will go on the list when I know cards are mailed (or will be mailed soon.)
~Include a Forever stamp (U.S.) or a concealed U.S. dollar or U.S. Global Stamp (if you are outside the U.S).
~Include a neatly written/typed return label.
~Do not include a return envelope – I will provide those.
~Secure cards in the envelope so they don’t all bunch up in a corner. You can tape them to a sturdy paper/light cardboard the shape of the envelope or tape them together in a row.

Who would like to come play?
1. Amandawas
2. Artbymee
3. NineHazels
4. TrinaLD
5. Emmadreamstar

Last edited:
I'm lurking for now... There are a few really good swap ideas out right now, but I'm having trouble finding time for the one and only that I'm signed up for! Got to get on that, then I'll see if I can squeak out a few cards for this one. :)

Welcome Artbymee and NineHazels! Same here - I do like the Disney movies, but I had a Grimms fairy tale book when I was a little girl, and I remember the beautiful illustrations. If I ever find that book again, it will have a beloved spot of my bookshelf.

Lurkers always welcome, Monroy28! I hope to work on some cards this weekend that will maybe spark some inspiration!

Lurkers welcome! Feel free to read that thick tome of Grimm's Tales to see if you get inspired! :wubclub:

Mail call! I received super fun cards from Artbymee and Amandawas. Would either of you be okay with me scanning and posting samples of your cards to help inspire others?
--Artbymee chose to illustrate the following tales: The Almond Tree, The Red Hen Who Wouldn't Share (also known as The Death of the Little Hen), The Fisherman And His Wife Wanted More, and Mother Holda's Two Daughters (this one was always one of my favorite stories).
--Amandawas chose to illustrate the following tales: The Frog Prince, Hansel and Gretel, One-Eye Two-Eyes Three Eyes, and Snow White.

Back
Top Bottom