sarat

Still dreaming...
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap due date: October 11, 2019
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: 30 maximum

Fall is coming: shorter days, brilliant colors, cooler temperatures, harvests, and so much more.
This is a swap about fall and what you see when you look closely at things. What do you love about the fall? What images come to mind? A bird on a branch? A close-up of leaves falling? Have you visited somewhere in the fall that you loved? Make three different cards although the theme and medium can be the same.

Medium: Hand drawn or painted, sewing, needlepoint, hand-made stamp, etc. Handmade art cards only. No collages, digital, photography. Check with me if in doubt about your medium. Make something that would be hard for you to give up.
Use your artistic skills and feel free to use your imagination and unique style. All cards must be original ie no prints or copies.

Most of all---Have fun!!!
Requirements:
*All cards should be standard 3.5” X 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock.
*Cards should be flat.
*Send cards in plastic sleeves.
*Withdraw early if you can’t do the swap, late cards may be returned if they can’t be swapped out.

Mailing and postage:

*PM me for my address when you are ready to send cards.
* Make sure your user name, location and swap name appear on the back of your ATC’s.
*Include your username on your SASE.
* International participants: I will pay postage for first 10 players. Please include a SASE.
*US participants: Include a stamped self-addressed envelope.

Returns: When you receive your returns, please leave itrader for me and rep points for players.
An extra card for the host is always appreciated but not required.
Anyone want to play?

1.Marrae: USA:Received
2. Aginghippychic: USA:Received
3. Ancient Planter: USA: Received

Last edited:
Oh this is a lovely idea! I'm lurking until I'm a bit caught up, but with strong intentions :)

Fall aka Autumn's a spectacular season! Many of the corn fields are now turning gold. Blue skies backdrop to some of the earliest changing leaves...Comfortable temps now minus summer humidity. Planting pots start to fill with colorful mums, a few early-birds like to put a pumpkin or two on their porches...Oh, and the lawns still retain their lush green. It's always fun to watch the leaves' gradually change from greens, to yellow, oranges, some ablaze with bright reds! This show will last from now until the end of October. I'm sure it's just as lovely wherever you are, but wanted to share that it's quite special in Iowa : )

I love what you said about Fall--it is my favorite time of year. I hope your writing inspires others to join in.

I've got a set done so sign me up, please. Three are painted from photos I took - pumpkins and flowers at the front entrance of the Lizzie Borden House, a chickadee on an autumn tree branch with storm clouds behind, apples ripe for picking. The 4th is from memory of hot, spiced apple cider. To borrow from "Sunset Blvd.," all were ready for their close-ups. :twitcy:

I've got your address so they'll go out with Monday's mail.

Here is a question: I made leaves for the Challenge Athon this weekend. But they were made to be cut out, so it forces me into collage. If I use my painted image on my drawn background would that work?
I will mention your swap in the Athon thread and see if anyone else did that task.

I've got a set done so sign me up, please. Three are painted from photos I took - pumpkins and flowers at the front entrance of the Lizzie Borden House, a chickadee on an autumn tree branch with storm clouds behind, apples ripe for picking. The 4th is from memory of hot, spiced apple cider. To borrow from "Sunset Blvd.," all were ready for their close-ups. :twitcy:

I've got your address so they'll go out with Monday's mail.

So glad you jumped in. We are a small but dedicated group for this swap.:jiggy:

Back
Top Bottom