Media
Swap due date - Oct 18
Signup date - Oct 11
Withdraw date - Oct 18
Number of cards - 4 for 4
Participants - unlimited
Medium - Hand drawn/hand painted

The Four Seasons Personified

As summer shifts into fall (or winter shifts into spring, depending where you live), let's create characters that represent the four seasons!

You can interpret "represent" any way you like, as long as each character is somehow connected to the season. Eg, winter could be represented by an ice witch, or a hibernating bear, or a snowy leafless tree-creature, etc. You could even pick a concept associated with a season and create a character based on that concept, eg "growth" for spring, or "harvest" for fall. Any style or mood is welcome!

Character Guidelines:

• Each card must show a different character representing each season (fall, winter, spring, and summer).
  • Characters can be human, animal, or other (fantasy or invented creatures are great!)
  • This is not a holiday swap - no creating Christmas characters for winter, Halloween characters for fall, etc. (I am a grinch and will return any holiday cards unswapped.)
  • Make sure all your characters are original, no fan art (yes, Elsa from Frozen could represent winter, but no, this isn't the swap for that).
  • No white backgrounds - add a bit of seasonal background behind your characters, even if it's just a loose splotch of colour.

Card Guidelines:

• Cards must be entirely hand-drawn and/or hand-painted.
  • This is a 4 for 4 swap: one card each for fall, winter, spring, and summer. Make sure to include all 4 seasons!
  • On the back of the card, add your card's season, title (if you want to include a separate title), your username, real name, swap name, date, and any other info you want to include.
  • Make sure your cards are 2.5" x 3.5", and are made from sturdy paper.
  • As always, I'll do my best to swap effort for effort.
  • Host cards are very appreciated but never necessary, especially since this is a 4 card swap! (If you want to include a host card but don't want to double up on a season, any kind of character that's somehow connected to nature would be lovely.)

Mailing:

• Please PM me for my address when you're ready to mail your cards. I live in Canada, so give your cards plenty of time to arrive - most mail from the USA takes about business 5 days, but it occasionally takes longer. To be safe, it's best to send about 2 weeks before the deadline.
  • Put each of your cards in a plastic sleeve and secure them inside the envelope, either by taping them together or taping them to a card/piece of paper.
  • Tell me your username and which swap this is for - include a note or write on the back of the envelope.
  • Include a large, clearly written address label with your address, including your country. (You can send an envelope if you prefer, but don't attach postage to it unless it's Canadian postage.)
  • Include return postage.

Postage:

• Canada: include a permanent domestic stamp.
  • USA: include a global forever stamp - the round one that looks like a succulent. (I can use these in other swaps.) Please don't send any other type of postage (eg domestic stamps or mitered postage). Paypal is also an option. Don't put your stamp on an envelope.
  • International: Paypal me $2.65 for postage using "family and friends" method. If Paypal isn't an option, PM me and we can figure out something else.

Confused about postage? Please PM me or post in the thread!

When you've finished your cards, post them to the thread to show them off!

Once you've receive your cards, remember to leave iTrader for the host (that's me!) and "You Rock"s for your swap partners. If you're new to swapping on AFA, I'm happy to help/explain how this works.

Participants:
0. zilliah
1. hem18 - received!
2. Terri F - received!
3. Wooper - received!
4. CiCiCreates -received!
5. Amandawas - received!
6. 3moffday2 - received!
7. artbymee - received!
8. CreativeK - received!
9. sunkissed - received!
10. miss - received!
11. Halogen - received!

Last edited:
Trying to decide, before I sign up....4 different cute animals representing the seasons, with appropriate accessories, some a bit whimsical....OR....four different ladies done in art nouveau style with wavy swirling hair and Autumn leaves or Spring blossoms scattered about, you know the look. What to do, what to do....

Ooh, both good ideas CiCiCreates! Personally I'm really into the art nouveau style and ladies for seasons (I actually considered making this a "the seasons as fantasy women" swap, but decided to make it a bit more open-ended!). Do some sketches and see what feels right?

Hope you can join us, yellita96!

Back
Top Bottom