SWANS, FLAMINGOS, and HERONS....OH MY! HandDrawn/HandPainted ATC Swap, Due Nov. 2

CiCiCreates

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
Staff member
Friend of AFA
Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Due Date: November 2
Signup/Withdrawal Date: October 27
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Players: Unlimited
Media: Hand-drawn/hand-painted, inks, paints, pencils, markers

These three types of aquatic birds seem to be the favorites of many. We love the grace of the swan, the elegant stance of a Great Blue Heron, and those wonderful colors on a flamingo. I am asking for your realistic HD/HP portrayals of these birds on three cards. You could choose to do one of each of the three in the swap title; two of one type and one of another, or all three the same bird (with different backgrounds and poses). There could be some wonderful art with these impressive birds as subjects. I hope you agree, and will want to play! Please feel free to show us your finished cards.

Please be sure to place each 2 1/2”x3 1/2” card in a protective sleeve, and tape together side by side (a little overlapping is usually necessary) with easy-release tape like Washi or Painters’ Tape. It needs to be a CARD, not a PAPER, be sure it does not bend easily into a U-shape. Include your username, real name, and swap name on the back of each card.

MAILING: U.S. players, please enclose one Forever Stamp and an address label clearly written (a piece of paper will do, if you don’t have an adhesive label). International Players, please enclose a Global Forever stamp OR a $1 bill, plus your address label clearly written.

When returns are received, please remember to leave iTrader for your host (me), and rep points for those you received cards from.

Participants:

1. Luvchocolate - RECEIVED
2. IamWhatonearth - RECEIVED
3. ARTG33K74 - RECEIVED
4. Mary.gabriola (Canada) - RECEIVED
5. 3moffday2 - RECEIVED
6. An.M.Sudyka - RECEIVED
7. dchicken7 - RECEIVED
8. jo.on.the.go - RECEIVED
9. Seascape131 - RECEIVED
10. mcgillis (Canada) - RECEIVED
11. Artbymee - RECEIVED
12. Miss - RECEIVED

Last edited:
  • Staff
I made these cards as examples. The swan is in acrylics, the flamingo is colored pencil, and the heron is in watercolors. (This heron was actually made for the August PAT).

• Staff
Happy to have you lurk, Pouringdiva. You could make all pink flamingos if you like!

• Staff
Happy to have you, Luvchocolate! Your first two cards are fantastic, thanks for posting them!

ARTG33K74, you’re in! I’m glad you asked that question so early on. I agree, snowy egrets are beautiful! I will accept any kind of heron, including the snowy egret.

FUN FACT: The Mute Swan often holds its neck in a graceful S-curve, and has an orange beak with a pronounced black knob at its base, larger in males.

FUN FACT: The color of flamingos’ feathers results from their diet. Pigments in their food are responsible for red and pink colors of their feathers. They eat shrimp, algae, and crustaceans.

Mary.gabriola, you are very welcome! I will sign you up now, and don’t hesitate to ask about any questions you may have, we are a friendly and supportive group.

Paintaddict, you are welcome to lurk, hope you can join a little later.

FUN FACT: The Great Blue Heron lives in both fresh water and salt water habitats, often on islands and near lakes and ponds bordered by forests.

FUN FACT: Baby swans are called cygnets, males are cobs, and females are pens. (I knew about the babies' names, but not the males and females).

Back
Top Bottom