AngelJoy

"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Friend of AFA
Swap Due Date - November 2, 2019
Signup/withdraw date - October 26, 2019
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - unlimited
Media: Hand drawn only

Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure swap is based on zentangle patterns found at tanglepatterns.com

The idea of this swap is to make zentangle cards using patterns found at tanglepatterns.com. This first swap will be for the letters A, B, and C.

When you go to tanglepatterns.com, you will see a banner across the page about a quarter of the way down that lists the alphabet. Click on the “A” and choose 2, 3, or 4 different patterns to use for your first card. Then click on “B” to choose 2, 3, or 4 different patterns to use for your second card. Click “C” and choose 2, 3, or 4 different patterns for your third card. There are several pages for each letter, so don’t stop at the first page, keep exploring!!

You will be making three cards. One will feature patterns beginning with the letter A, the second will feature patterns beginning with the letter B, and the third will feature patterns beginning with the letter C. If you choose to do a host card (not required, but would be treasured!) you can use any pattern(s) you choose (just be sure to list the pattern name on the back of the card).

For example: Card 1, I chose A-FOG, AFRICAN ARTIST, and AFTERGLOW and combined them to make this card:
View attachment 209546

Card 2, I chose B’MINE and B’TWINED to make this card:
View attachment 209547

Card 3, I chose C-BUN, C-STEM, CABANA and CALIGRAV to make this card:
View attachment 209548

These are just examples taken from the first page of patterns for each letter, but be sure to explore further and find patterns that appeal to you!

You will be receiving one A card, one B card, and one C card as your returns.

Each card should have at least two different patterns featured, but no more than four. You can do the patterns you choose in any composition on the cards but be sure that you list the name of each pattern on the back of each card. You can choose to do your cards in black and white (with or without shading) or you can color them in if you want. As long as the patterns come from tanglepatterns.com

∙ All atc’s should be 2 ½ x 3 ½, in individual plastic sleeves, and sturdy! If it flaps in the wind, it is too thin. Please trim your cards so they are neat and tidy!
∙ Each card should be different.
∙ A host card is not required but would be cherished.
∙ Please be sure to put your username (so we can give credit where credit is due), and location (because we all like to see where our cards came from) and swap name and the name of the patterns you used, on the back of each atc!!
∙ PLEASE put your user name and the swap name on the back of the envelope – preferably the flap! I am hosting more than one swap, so this helps me stay organized!
∙ No communication with no cards will result in a neutral ITrader.

Mailing/Postage
Do not send envelopes. I will provide them. Include a large self-addressed label. I will send you my address when you sign up. I am still in Fairhope, AL, so you may already have my correct address, but I will PM anyway.

US Players: Include one forever stamp.
International Players: Include an international forever stamp or a well-concealed US $1.

When you receive your returns, please don’t forget to leave YouRock! comments for those who created your cards for your collection!! I have made this easy by providing a link on the initial thread. Just click on the name of the person you received the card from, which will pop up one of their thread comments, and then click the YouRock button! When you leave a comment on the YouRock! it’s always nice to let them know which card you received, although it’s not required. Also, if you could, please leave iTrader for me so that I know that you enjoyed participating and that you received your returns!!

My intention (barring any unforeseen events) is to keep having these swaps all the way through the alphabet, so hopefully there are fellow Zentangle enthusiasts who will be willing to join in the fun!

If you have any questions, either PM me or post it to the thread (as other people may have the same question!)

So, who wants to join me on the Alphabetic Zentangle Adventure?

0. AngelJoy
1. BlancoLobo --RECEIVED 9/16
2. prex -- withdrawn
3. Paintaddict --RECEIVED 9/26
4. Annie-- RECEIVED 10/22
5. plumhill2001 --RECEIVED 9/13
6. ReverieJJ-- RECEIVED 10/24
7. ThouArtDelyrias -- withdrawn
8. Donnacr-- RECEIVED 10/28
9. dithespy -- withdrawn
10. Grebricar --RECEIVED 10/15
11. Luvchocolate --RECEIVED 9/26
12. Sara74 -- withdrawn
13. AuntieDeb --RECEIVED 10/14
14. PatJ -- RECEIVED 10/18
15. Suzi -- RECEIVED 10/18
16. mrubyjean -- RECEIVED 10/22

Last edited:
I love the look of Zentangles but I'm not good at it. I assume you're going to go through the whole alphabet? Maybe this would give me the nudge I need to practice and get good at some tangles.

I think I'll lurk for now.

Yes, Haagmm, I do intend to do the whole alphabet. I would love to have you join, but lurking is okay, too! Thanks for checking it out!

AngelJoy will we be receiving one A card, one B card, and one C card back or will it be 3 A cards?
I would like to join so I will be the first to officially sign up!

AngelJoy will we be receiving one A card, one B card, and one C card back or will it be 3 A cards?
I would like to join so I will be the first to officially sign up!

Yes, BlancoLobo, you will be receiving one A card, one B card, and one C card as your returns. I will make that clear in the first posting of the thread, thanks! Welcome, I look forward to seeing which patterns you choose! :)

lurking...would like to see if I can get something started first...

Welcome, prex79!

Lurk away, ReverieJJ. I hope you come up with something you like and will end up joining in!

Great, Annie, hope you decide to join in!

I don’t see it inthe return instructions ( might just not be seeing it) but do I assume you also want a stamp to return the swap

I don’t see it inthe return instructions ( might just not be seeing it) but do I assume you also want a stamp to return the swap

Yes, please. It is listed under Mailing/Postage on the instructions. Thanks for checking (I have been known to miss things. :) )

Happy to have you lurk while you experiment, Lorna! I know, I tend to do the same patterns over and over so it's a good challenge for me as well to expand my Zentangle horizons!

You're all signed up, Paintaddict, welcome to the swap! I agree with you in this case, less is more. I like my example with only the two patterns the best, but I did the other two (one with three and one with four) as examples. I'm okay with anything from 2 to 4 patterns, whatever everyone is comfortable doing. I PMed my address to you.

A,B,C Done

My cards are done, had so much fun learning these tangles!

Attachments

• 20190906_181850.jpg
    20190906_181850.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 30
Lurking for now!

Zentangles usually make me feel very un-zenlike. I've done quite a few of them over the years, but my main problem is just choosing a pattern out of all the choices!! So, this might be easier since my choices are limited a bit. :) I'll see if I can get some done before I commit. ;)

Beautiful cards, BlancoLobo, I'm glad you enjoyed doing them!

You are very welcome to lurk, plumhill2001. I know what you mean, it can be very overwhelming to choose, I'm glad limiting it this way might encourage you to give it a go!

Back
Top Bottom