Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All Fall Challenge ATART-- Sept 19-23

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking All Fall Challenge ATART-- Sept 19-23

All Fall ATART Challenge - September 19-23
    I love autumn! By the middle of summer, I am counting down the days until autumn. I love autumn so much, I created a challenge ATART that is all about autumn and September.

A list of special supplies you will need if you want to complete all the tasks:

Jute twine or raffia
    Burlap fabric or burlap printed paper
    Plaid flannel fabric or plaid patterned paper
    Leaves or leaf cutouts
    Cellophane, tissue paper or wax paper
    Digital Camera
    Non-paper embellishments
    Paint or ink

Haagmm is hosting and counting points. I do have prizes to send out to the players with the most points!
    If you have questions, please put them in the thread. Other members may answer your question faster than me (because of the time zones).

Start Time: 7:00am Thursday 9/19 in NZ (UTC +12). It will be Wednesday evening in Europe and Wednesday afternoon in the US. You can start when you see the list of tasks.
    End time: When Sunday becomes Monday on the last time zone = when it is 12:01am in UTC -10. (Early Monday morning in US and late Monday morning for Europe).
    **I will update the time left in the thread.

A piece means anything that you make. It can take any form unless it is specified in the task. If not specified, it could be an ATC, a chunky book page, a ATcoin, an inchie, a MOO, etc. Since we are creating different sizes of art, please include in your post what your piece is.

Anything handmade is fine and it doesn't need to be available for trade. Also, the ATART is Open Media unless a specific media is mentioned in the task.

Please: Mention the task number you have completed when posting a picture.
    *You can put up to three tasks in one piece but remember to mention them all.

I will comment in the thread to show when I have counted points so far. I won't go back to look before that point to update points. Please do not change anything in your earlier posts that relates to points.

Points are listed on each task. A few tasks can be done multiple times but for most, you can only get points once per task.

If you do not understand a task, please ask. We all are happy to help. Don't take tasks too seriously. Everything goes as long as you can draw some sort of line connecting the task to your piece.

TASKS ARE IN THE NEXT POST and will be posted at the Start Time!

And remember, of course you can join this a-thon even if you don't participate in the challenges!

General a-thon info (for all ATARTs)

What IS an ATART?
    It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
    Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
    After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
    When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing. Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
    And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
    From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open.
    1) Go to your gallery and copy the image location
    2) Go to your post and paste the copied text
    3) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_220.JPG[/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word in the address and change it to 'small'.

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.
    Melissa
    Hosting: A Change of Scenery ATC swap.

I am working to de-stash: Please see my profile for a list of items that I'd love to send to you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the Challenge Begin!!

1. Every day you post a new piece in the thread. 1p/day = max 4p
    2. Make a trade. Up to 3 trades, 1p/trade = max 3p, name the trader
    3. Give reputation points to five people (remember to tell me when you have done it). 1pt
    4. Invite someone to join the fun (tell us who you invited). 1pt
    5. Theme: zentangle pumpkins. 1pt
    6. Incorporate Jute twine or natural raffia into a piece. 1pt
    7. The birthstone for September is Sapphire. Create a piece using mostly sapphire blue. 1pt
    8. Make a series of monochrome ATcoins using fall colors: gold, dark orange, deep red and brown. Put a fall quote on each one. 1p/coin=max 4 pts
    9. Sept 7 was National Tailgating Day. Create a piece that represents tailgating. 1pt
    10. Create a piece showing your favorite fall holiday. 1pt
    11. September is Fall Hat Month! Create a piece with a fall hat on it. 1pt
    https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...nth-september/
    12. Incorporate burlap fabric or burlap printed paper into a piece. 1pt
    13. Theme: Bonfires. 1pt
    14. Create a series of hd/hp pieces with different macro leaves (a close up of 1 leaf). Try an Aspen, Maple, Sumac, Oak, or Beech. 1p/leaf=max 4pts
    15. In Australia, September is Spring! Create a piece with Australian wildflowers. 1pt
    16. Create a piece showing the typical September weather where you live. 1pt
    17. Sept 8 was National Ampersand Day – celebrate by showcasing an ampersand prominently on a piece. 1pt
    https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...y-september-8/
    18. Theme: Football. 1pt
    19. Create a floral piece with fall flowers like mums or black-eyed-susan. 1pt
    20. Do you call it fall or autumn? Put your answer on a piece. 1pt
    21. September is also National Better Breakfast month. Show us your typical breakfast on a piece. Then create another piece with a “better breakfast”. 1pt each=2 pts total
    22. Create a piece with beautiful fall leaves and their reflection in water. 1pt
    23. Incorporate plaid flannel fabric or plaid patterned paper into a piece. 1pt
    24. The Forget-Me-Not is the flower for September. Use one in a piece. 1pt
    25. On a separate piece from #23, draw, paint or use paper strips to create your own flannel plaid pattern. 1pt
    26. Stitch a leaf or leaf shape onto a piece. 1pt
    27. Theme: Cranberries (not the band). 1pt
    28. Sept 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Create a pirate themed piece. 1pt
    29. Create a piece that shows the craziest Pumpkin Spice item you have seen. I want to see them all – 1pt each. Max=4pts
    30. Create a piece that shows your favorite Pumpkin Spice treat. 1pt
    31. Use colored cellophane, tissue paper or wax paper to give your piece a fall leaf crunchy texture. 1pt
    32. This weekend is the Adirondack Balloon Festival in New York. Create a piece with a hot air balloon. 1pt
    33. Theme: Your favorite Fall Warm drink. 1pt
    34. The 3rd week of Sept is National Farm Animals Awareness week. Put your favorite farm animal on a piece. 1pt
    35. Create a series of pieces that depict a single item or scene in all 4 seasons. 4 pts total
    36. Sept 16-22 is National indoor plant week. Create a piece that includes 2 indoor plants. 1pt
    37. Create an abstract piece using a fall palate: deep oranges, reds, golds or browns. 1pt
    38. Theme: Boots. 1pt
    39. Oktoberfest is celebrated in September and October around the world. Create a piece showing what you would eat or drink at an Oktoberfest event. 1pt
    40. Incorporate at least 3 fall descriptive words into a piece (such as crisp, chilly, cozy, etc). 1pt
    41. Sept 21 is International Eat an Apple day. Make a piece with an apple(s). 1pt
    42. Create a piece that shows animals gathering food or preparing for winter. 1pt
    43. Theme: Scarves. 1pt
    44. Sept 21 is also National Responsible Dog Ownership day. Create a piece with a dog on it. (your dog if you have one). 1pt
    45. Give Mother Nature a sense of humor! Create unnaturally colored fall leaves (blue, tie-dye, striped, etc). 1pt/piece. Let’s get crazy! Max=4pts
    46. Autumn Abandon – create a piece (ATC, painted rock, altered art) and abandon it somewhere public. Take and post a picture of where you left it (park bench, bulletin board, etc). 4pts *Google Art Abandonment if you’re interested.
    47. September is also National Honey Month. Create a piece with a bee or beehive. 1pt
    48. Theme: migrating birds. 1pt
    49. We’ve all heard of ugly Christmas Sweaters…what about ugly autumn sweaters? Create a piece with an ugly sweater (not Christmas). 1pt
    50. Theme: Acorns. 1pt
    51. Sept 22 is National Ice Cream Cone Day. Showcase an ice cream cone on a piece. 1pt.
    52. Post a picture of yourself enjoying an ice cream cone! What flavor was it? 1pt
    53. Create a piece showing a scarecrow. Use at least 2 non-paper embellishments. 1pt
    54. A mooncake is a Chinese treat baked to celebrate the moon festival (equinox). They are decorated with Chinese characters, the moon, flowers or a rabbit. (Do not confuse this with a moonpie). Create a piece showing what a mooncake would look like if you made one. 1pt
    55. Create a piece (or pieces) with a leave print by putting paint on a leaf and pressing it onto paper. 1pt
    56. I love opening the windows/doors in the autumn. Create a piece with a door or window that can be opened. Put something fall-y behind the door/window. 2pts
    57. Forget pumpkins – create a piece with some other gourd on it. 1pt
    58. Sept 23 is National Pot Pie Day. Create a piece with your favorite recipe (or brand if you don’t do homemade). 1pt
    59. Theme: Raking leaves. 1pt
    60. Sept 23-29 is National Chimney Safety Week. Create a house shaped ATC with a whimsical chimney on it. 1pt
    61. Do you prefer caramel apples or candy apples? Create a piece with your answer. 1pt
    62. Sept 24 is National Punctuation Day. Create a piece packed with as many punctuation marks as you can. 1pt
    63. On the Autumnal Equinox, most places get equal amount of daylight and night. Create a piece showing daylight and nighttime. 1pt each = 2 pts total
    64. It just keeps going…September is National Chicken Month. Create a piece with a chicken on it. 1pt
    65. Will it be warm or will it be cold? In Kansas we joke that you need access to your entire wardrobe in the fall and spring. It can be 90 on one day and 45 the next. Create a warm piece and a cold piece. 1 pt each = 2 pts total
    66. When I was in preschool we made fall trees using a brown handprint with colorful fingerprints as leaves. Create a piece (or pieces) using your fingerprint(s) with ink or paint. 1pt each = 4 pts max
    67. In art and literature, autumn is often depicted with a sunset. Create a piece with a sunset. 1pt
    68. Fall is County and State Fair time! Create a piece (or pieces) with your favorite fair activity and favorite fair food! activity=1pt and food=1pt. 2pts total
    69. Theme: Hedge Apples (or Osage Oranges). 1pt
    Last edited by Haagmm; 09-18-2019 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Add Challenge Tasts
    Melissa

I am working to de-stash: Please see my profile for a list of items that I'd love to send to you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bookmarking so I don't miss the start - getting excited!!
    Now hosting:Pink ribbon celebration Due: October 30, BLACK versus white Due: November 6 away from home Thurs 17/10 till Tues 22/10 at a craft retreat coming up: Halloween/Autumn Athon Oct 30 to Nov 3

4. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    About 6 more hours to go??

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a meeting that just got added to my schedule at 3:00 but I'll have the challenge tasks added before then!! I am so excited
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Glad to be here. Running quite a bit today, but hope to get going in the next few days.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! I printed out the list & should have some time to play tonight.

9. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a problem with challenges 29 and 30 - in Australia I have no idea what Pumpkin Spice is so we have nothing made from it or recipes using it. Suggestions for alternatives?
    Now hosting:Pink ribbon celebration Due: October 30, BLACK versus white Due: November 6 away from home Thurs 17/10 till Tues 22/10 at a craft retreat coming up: Halloween/Autumn Athon Oct 30 to Nov 3

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donnacr: you can make home made spice using cloves, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg. There are recipes on line.

I won’t be able to play, but I’ll be watching
    Last edited by jo.on.the.go; 09-18-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donna- that’s it!! I’m moving to Australia then!! (I do not care for the pumpkin spice craze).

Is there a flavor or flavor combination in Australia that has been way over done, like it’s silly how many products they make with that flavor? If so, you can use that for #29 & 30. I just get a kick out of all the bizarre pumpkin spice products that appear in September. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Donnacr View Post
    I have a problem with challenges 29 and 30 - in Australia I have no idea what Pumpkin Spice is so we have nothing made from it or recipes using it. Suggestions for alternatives?
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a couple of ATCoins for the challenge:

Tasks for points:
    1) Every day you post a new piece (day 1) : 1 pt

"Chicken in a Sweater" ATCoin
    49) ugly sweater 1 pt
    64) create a piece with a chicken on it : 1 pt

"Rooster in a Scarf" ATCoin
    34) favorite farm animal : 1 pt
    43) theme: scarves : 1 pt

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    great start Chaosatlanta! love your chickens

15. Thanks chaosatlanta thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first card, simple but satisfies: #1 post piece to thread, #41 apples & #61 caramel apples

Back tomorrow with more

17. Likes jo.on.the.go, Haagmm, Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first piece (to make sure that I post for Day 1 ) answers Challenge #1 - post to thread and Challenge #5 - zentangle pumpkins.
    Back tomorrow after a good night's sleep

19. Likes Haagmm, jo.on.the.go, Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for getting us kicked off chaosatlanta and Lorna and Donnacr!!
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oy! Sorry... I had hoped to get cracking at the list by now, but having some "wee people" issues!
    Hope to be back on later... it's killing me to have to wait, Lol!
    Great chickens chaos, love 'em! Fab apples and pumpkins Lorna and Donna

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have some inchies finished:

Points for these:
    1) Every day you post a new piece (day 2) - 1 pt
    17) National Ampersand Day. All of these inchies feature the "&" - 1 pt

"Fruit & Cereal" Inchie and "Bacon & Egg" Inchie
    21) National Better Breakfast Month. One of these is my "typical" breakfast, and the other is what some would consider a "better breakfast" - 2 pts

"Bee & Flower" Inchie
    47) National Honey month - 1 pt

23. Likes jo.on.the.go, mrubyjean, Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 4 for today. The first 3 are:
    Dog Coin- #1 new card for the day, #44 ice cream cone, #51 dog
    Scarecrow Coin - #53 scarecrow, #6 used raffia, #12 used burlap
    Tea and pumpkin pie - #30 pumpkin spice treat, 33 fall warm drink, 65 a warm piece (all warm colors)

25. Likes mrubyjean, Haagmm, Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    For my 4th card it satisfies #11 fall hat, 38 boots.
    Haagmm:
    I would like a point for #68 using this fall activity to replace the state fair activity. The California State Fair was in July. My County Fair was in June.
    Additionally, if I make another card with a Chili Cook Off I would like that to be used for the #68 state fair food.
    Please let me know if you agree with this reassignment of points. If so, I will proceed with the additional piece.
    Note: Donnacr may need a similar reassignment of points.

27. Likes Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    For CHALLENGE 4 - I have invited Paintaddict to join us (a fellow Australian).
    Here are my cards for Day 2 of CHALLENGE 1.
    #2 answers Challenges 8, 11 and 17
    #3 answers Challenges 8, 27 and starts 68
    #4 answers just challenge 8 but I loved the quote - it is a translated haiku.
    #5 answers challenges 8, 13 and starts 65.

29. Likes jo.on.the.go, Seascape131 liked this post