CreativeSquirrel

ATC Novice
Media
Swap Due Date: December 2
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6
Number of Players: unlimited
Medium: HD/HP

Theme
It's almost October, which means Inktober! Inktober was created by Jake Parker as a way to encourage himself (and later others) to create a daily drawing habit. Participants draw things, post them somewhere, and hashtag them #inktober and #inktober2019.

The intention of Inktober is to create ink drawings, but we're going to be a little looser with medium here. Any hand drawn or hand painted medium is acceptable. Each of your cards should be inspired by one or more of the prompts on the official Inktober prompt list (below). You can get into the spirit of things and do 31 different drawings and then send 3 or 6 to swap, you can choose a few prompts to use, or you can combine prompts from different days in a single card (dizzy dragon? tasty treasure? Too much alliteration?). Most of all, have fun and draw lots of things!

2019promptlist.png

Cards
- Cards must be standard ATC size (2.5” x 3.5”).
- All elements should be flat and firmly adhered to the backing (in this case, it only applies to cards that have a backing to make them sturdier).
- All cards must be original and unique.
- Backs of cards should have the prompt(s) you used, your real name and username, and can include any other information you like.
- Please send work you’re proud of and would be happy to see in your own returns.
- A host card is of course not required but would be treasured!

Mailing
- PM me for my address when you’re ready to send. My address hasn't changed since I started trading here.
- Send each card in an individual plastic sleeve and secure cards in the envelope so they arrive safely. I usually tape mine to cardstock to protect them on their journey.
- U.S. - Please send a large address label and with whatever postage it cost you to send.
- International - Please send a large address label and a well-concealed $1 bill or global forever stamp. If for any reason you can’t do this, please let me know. I would rather cover your returns and have you play than have everyone miss out on your art!

Other Stuff
- Please communicate! I will leave neutral iTrader for any player who does not communicate and does not send in their cards.
- I swap effort for effort as possible.
- Don’t forget to leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists whose cards you receive.

Players:
0) CreativeSquirrel
1) Kellan - received & returns landed
2) Strivaria - withdrawn
3) lazyshadows - received & returns landed
4) redlionspride - received
5) Marie - received & returns landed
6) AmySi - received & returns landed
7) tamalece - received & returns landed
8) Willowh - received & returns landed
9) asharnanae - received & returns landed
10) Essy - received & returns landed
11) sunkissed - received & returns landed
12) Glitter - withdrawn
13) MARRE - withdrawn
14) locatray - withdrawn
15) smyrrh - received
16) mcgillisj - received & returns landed

Last edited:
I havent had a lot of luck lately signing up for swaps before having the cards ready, but considering I just set my sketchbook up for Inktober yesterday (and you have a generous deadline) I'd like to go ahead and jump in. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for this year's round - in the past I've used it generate ideas for NaNoWriMo - but the first prompt has me thinking Stargate. May wind up doing a whole love letters to my fandoms thing. :)

Awesome! Hello lazyshadows! Believe it or not, I've never actually participated in Inktober. I've always wanted to, but I don't do well with long-term expectations. :( This way, I can do it all or do just three days, and I've still met my goal!

I know you said you can combine the words. Can you combine one word more than once for example ring pattern or ornament pattern or snow pattern? Would that be OK or does it have to be two separate ones each time?

Great idea! Hard to go for 31 days, but 3 sounds doable :)

I'd like to lurk, just 'til I can get a card done.

Yes! You could even use the same single word on every card, as long as the cards were unique. Ring could be a wedding ring, Saturn’s rings, and the one Ring from LOTR. Whatever inspires you!

Hi Amy! Welcome to the lurkers lounge. I hope you can join us. I agree that 31 is overwhelming. I’ve never even attempted it!

Back
Top Bottom