Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – Thursday, December 12th, 2019
Signup/withdraw Date – None; please just communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Media – Collage
Theme – Daguerrotype Boyfriend

*Please read full swap instructions to ensure that your cards meet the swap requirements!

This swap was inspired by the website “My Daguerreotype Boyfriend,” found here: https://mydaguerreotypeboyfriend.tumblr.com/. The site contains a plethora of vintage photos of yummy men! For this swap, you will create your own, framed daguerrotype using a vintage photo of a man (either from the website above, or elsewhere), and then use your artistic skills to create a new “frame” for the photo. In order to create this frame, you will use two cards glued together. The underlying card will be where your vintage photo is glued. Your overlying card will become the “frame” and MUST have a cut-out space in the middle. The two cards are then glued together so that your vintage photo on the underlying card shows through the cut space on the overlying card. See below for photos, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Card Guidelines:
1. Each card must be the standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
2. Each card must be original and unique. Please don’t send in cards that you’ve swapped/traded in the past or plan on replicating for swapping/trading in the future.
3. Any embellishments must be flat and lightweight.
4. Please send in only work that you have put thought, time, and effort into. Make sure that you are swapping a card you would be happy to receive.
5. Please make sure that cards have a sturdy background and earn the name “card.”
6. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve (please no connecting photo album sleeves without also including individual sleeves).
7. Each card should be labeled with the swap name, your username, your real name, date of creation, and your location.

Mailing Guidelines:
1. Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading the cards over the space of the envelope.
2. If you tape your cards together or onto a sturdy background when mailing, please use an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape. I don’t want anyone’s beautiful artwork to be damaged by tape.
3. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your return cards.
4. If you are mailing from the U.S., one Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns.
5. If you are mailing internationally, please provide one of the following for your returns:
a. One U.S. Forever stamp.
b. One well-concealed $1 bill.
c. $1 payment via PayPal.

*When you are ready to mail your cards, please just private message me for my address. If you have it from an earlier swap, it has not changed.
*iTraders will be given when cards are received by me.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date. No cards and no communication will result in neutral iTrader. You may withdraw any time before the due date.
*A host card would be greatly appreciated and loved, but is never required. :)
*Please make sure to leave an iTrader for your host (me) and You Rocks! for the artists that created your return cards when you receive them.

A few samples to get you started:
View attachment 210168View attachment 210169View attachment 210172

Who would like to play? :)
0. TSMarie
1. Allegrae - Received! You Rock!
2. theweavershand - Received! You Rock!
3. AngelJoy - Received! You Rock!
4. stephiedee - Received! You Rock!
5. amyfaerie - Received! You Rock!
6. Lalka - Received! You Rock!
7. Withdrew
8. zandradee - Received! You Rock!
9. Withdrew
10. Juanita Rojas - Received! You Rock!
11. Betsyg - Received! You Rock!
12. notinkansas - Received! You Rock!
13. JEBeck - Received! You Rock!
14. mcgillisj - Received! You Rock!
15. Laffqueen - Received! You Rock!
16. jenspirko - Received! You Rock!
17. Karr3ll - Received! You Rock!
18. StitchinWitch - Received! You Rock!
19. Joamosatcharterdotnet - Received! You Rock!
20. Karink - Received! You Rock!
21. miss - Received! You Rock!
22. JenUrebel - Received! You Rock!

Last edited:
Hello Folks! A question came to me by PM that I thought you all might be interested in. The question was about whether or not the photo could be altered. My response was, "The frame is where your creative energy will be focused. If you wanted to alter the photo in a really simple way, such as adding "coloring" as they used to do, that would be OK, but it should remain pretty much as it was originally." Hope this helps others that might be wondering as well! :)

Back
Top Bottom