RRR - Recycle Reuse Repurpose - Open Media Due Nov 8

Sign me up - I do have some questions:
Can I use old drawings in new ways, cutting it up etc.? Also, how about envelope liner recolored?

Please add me.
Wasn't sure if I could get them done in time as we are leaving Monday for australia. But I think I can. Waiting is so tedious as is packing.

Welcome to both Jessica and NancyL. I can't wait to see what you come up with. And Nancy, that sounds like a wonderful trip!!!

DA24A0E4-761C-48C8-A0F0-D9C1B69058F3.jpg

Cards are finished, mailing in the morning
Pictures in My Gallery: I used Aluminum Foil, Starbucks items (everything except the yummy coffee) and thin cardboard base

Last edited:
I've got 2 done.
We went to Australia the first time last Febr. Went to Sydney and Melbourne. this time it will be Brisbane, Tasmania and back to melbourne. We rent air B &Bs and do not rent a car. Last time it was summer, this time spring.

but here it is a cold fall.

View attachment 210446View attachment 210447View attachment 210445View attachment 210448

Got to work on my cards straight away, and here they are: all elements are recycled/reused/repurposed.

The bases are all from old cards (mostly Christmas cards); the backgrounds are all cut from leftover pieces from my daughter's GCSE art portfolio; the one on the far right has a paint test page as a background.

Other elements are mostly from envelopes, either things which were stamped on the outside (the bird, the fan shape), punched out from envelope liners (the rooster, heart, word "Love") or stuck to the outside (washi tape, stamps - all of which are used, though not all of which show cancellation marks).

Other elements are: card 2- samovar from an ad card from a magazine, castle from an admission ticket, card 3 - torn text strips from a library card catalogue card, red cellophane from a trash swap, card 4 - picture of boy in coat from discarded prints from an art project (other daughter), strip from a tram ticket.

And finally, the poetic words on all four cards are all leftover words from cutting text up for found poetry swaps - when I go through and cut out interesting phrases, if I don't end up using them, I often put them in a folder for use later.

I’m ready to stop lurking, if y’all like this card :)
1_76F54BFA-F01C-4CAF-83B2-FB8C5662250E.jpeg

- packaging from card as base
- images from free vogue magazine
- vintage lace from yard sale

Back
Top Bottom