ATC Background Swap, Due December 16th, 2019

katelnorth

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
ALL RETURNS WERE MAILED OUT ON MONDAY, 23 DECEMBER. Happy Christmas!

Swap Deadline: 16th December 2019
Cards: 5:5
Players: Unlimited
Sign up/withdrawal deadline: none, but please note I live in the UK and allow mailing time for that!

Sometimes it's nice to make cards from scratch, but it's also fun to take a background someone else has created and add to that. Particularly if they use a technique you aren't quite so familiar with. I was thinking that it's been a while since I've seen a background swap, and it was time for another one. I looked back through the archive to find a previous one, but without much joy, so please let me know if you have any questions not covered here!

card requirements:

SIZE: 2.5x3.5" only - they can always be trimmed to a different shape later if the maker wants to. Backgrounds may be either portrait or landscape (or of course, unspecific!)
STURDINESS: Use a reasonably sturdy background - i.e. not thin paper.
TECHNIQUE: You can use any technique you like for your background (or more than one) - Some possible techniques include: stamping, inking, collage, gelli prints, painting, monoprinting, resist, bubble printing, marbling - really, anything you can think of, as long as someone will be able to use it as a background! Cutting a piece of interesting paper to size does not count as making a background. Collaging several pieces of interesting paper together is fine :)
VARIETY: All your cards may be completely different, or some or all may be similar, though no photocopies, please. It's fine to make a larger piece of background and cut it into size for this swap.
INFORMATION: Please include your forum username on the back of your card. Some detail about your technique is nice, but not required. If you do write about technique on the back, please try to leave enough space for another artist to add her/his info later.

returns:

Please note that returns will be more or less random (I'll try to give you a good assortment of styles and colours). You will get five cards from five different artists. A hostess card would be welcome, but is not required.

postage:

Please note that I live in the UK, and mailing times, especially in December, can be a little longer than you might expect. I'd allow 10 days to 2 weeks, just to be on the safe side.

ALL PLAYERS: please include a large address label or an envelope with your name clearly printed.

UK PLAYERS: one UK stamp (regular, not large) should cover your returns

INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS: please include US$2 or 2 global forever stamps (I can use these to play in other swaps - do not attach them to your return envelope as I have to use UK stamps to mail to you). Alternatively, pm me for paypal info.

Here are some examples of backgrounds which I have received in the past, either in swaps or as gifts, to give you some ideas of what's possible.

View attachment 210297View attachment 210296View attachment 210295View attachment 210294View attachment 210293

(Made by TrailRider, RavenInked, ThouArtDelyrias, Mhitchcock, BluSkyHare)

Players:

0. me (katelnorth)
1. mushu - backgrounds received - returns received
2. hem18 - backgrounds received
3. elle - backgrounds received - returns received
4. amychelle - backgrounds received- returns received
5. haagmm - backgrounds received - returns received
6. carol - backgrounds received
7. electricdesigner - backgrounds received - returns received
8. donnacr - backgrounds received - returns received
9. moonthistle
10. lucymc
11. karr3ll - backgrounds received - returns received
12. kehlenn - backgrounds received - returns received
13. Stitchinwitch -backgrounds received - returns received
14. plumhill2001 - backgrounds received - returns received
15. mcgillisj - backgrounds received - returns received
16. ArtbyTab- withdrawn
17. Collagaint Ashley - backgrounds received - returns received
18. lalka - backgrounds received
19. daisyart - backgrounds received - returns received
20. aznfg- backgrounds received - returns received
21. cmcarli - backgrounds received - returns received
22. TrinaLD- backgrounds received - returns received
23. silky1150- backgrounds received - returns received
24. AngelJoy- backgrounds received - returns received
25. Annie
26. Redplantlady - backgrounds received - returns received
27. mouseit - backgrounds received - returns received

Last edited:
OK, I've now signed up everyone who asked to be signed up (this is a no pressure swap, though - if you do need to drop out, just let me know so I don't have to wonder if I am waiting for cards from you). And welcome to wykyd: lurk away (though we hope you'll join in)!

Back
Top Bottom