ATC Background Swap, Due December 16th, 2019

Just a reminder, that it's approximately one month until this swap's deadline. Please remember that the closer we get to Christmas, the slower the post is likely to be. Two weeks SHOULD still be enough mailing time, but I wouldn't allow any less than that.

If you need to drop out, it's not a problem, but it would be good to know, so I'm not wondering if your cards are on their way or not!

I gotta say, if there's anyone lurking around who hasn't decided whether or not to commit, I've just been through all the envelopes for this swap, checking I've done iTrader, etc and there is such a great variety of very cool backgrounds - I really recommend you try to join in - you won't regret it!

Hi K,
Is just a painting OK? Done by me of course. �� I tend to work in acrylics without a brush, and apply lots of paint, so end up with interesting textures.

Ash

I think a painted background is fine. It's art that you've produced, rather than just something you've cut from commercial paper.

Hi K,
Is just a painting OK? Done by me of course. �� I tend to work in acrylics without a brush, and apply lots of paint, so end up with interesting textures.

Ash

Katelnorth ok have been able to make cards but need to get them in the post asap so they get to you in time. May I have your address please?
Here are my cards:
1_One.jpg
2_two.jpg
2_three.jpg
2_four.jpg
1_five.jpg
1_six.jpg

HI ladies - deadline for this swap is tomorrow, and as far as I can tell, I have received all the cards which have been mailed, so we are good to go. I will try to swap out in the evenings next week, though it's a pretty busy week with one thing and another, so it will probably take a few days. And for the ones I will need to get stamps for, I won't get to the post office until at least Thursday. (I have some international stamps in my possession, but not enough for a whole swap). I'll keep you posted as to when things actually go out!

Just to say, I've not forgotten everyone - it's just an extremely busy time of year. I hope to do the actual swapping out on Sunday and mailing on Monday - will keep you posted!

OK, so... Envelopes are all ready to go, cards all swapped out. There were so many great backgrounds that I think you'll all be pleased. I am about 98 per cent certain that I didn't accidentally give anyone two backgrounds by the same artist, but if by some chance I did, please let me know and I'll try to sort it out. If I did, they were very different in style, so you might not mind! But I'm pretty sure I didn't.

I had enough stamps for about 2/3 of the envelopes, but I still need to hit the PO for the rest; I'll do that tomorrow.

Some of you also received a small handful of paper scraps in with your returns (this is because paper scraps seem to breed in my house and I take all opportunities to rid myself of them, lol). If you didn't, this isn't personal, but it was because if an envelope weighed under 20g, it could go with a cheaper stamp, so I didn't want to add anything to that. Once it's over 20g, the next weight is 100g, so it doesn't matter if you add something. It's about a dollar more expensive for the higher rate, so I wanted to take advantage of those light envelopes. I just didn't want anyone to feel sleighted if other people mentioned getting scraps and you didn't get any!

Please try to let me know when your returns arrive, and leave iTrader for me and rep points (you rock) for the people whose backgrounds you receive.

Just remains to say, thanks again for playing and for making such great backgrounds. I look forward to seeing some cards made with them in future, perhaps.

My cards arrived today. Yay! Thanks folks, I love them all. And thanks for the extra paper bits, Kate. I think I just need to figure out how to leave points for everyone now.

My cards arrived today. Yay! Thanks folks, I love them all. And thanks for the extra paper bits, Kate. I think I just need to figure out how to leave points for everyone now.

Ha ha. Yeah, you accidentally gave me an iTrader. Taken care of, and I PMd you with a little unasked for tutorial on rep points. :)

Back
Top Bottom